4 day old newborn singleton cries a lot

Alwx

I need a bit of help. My dam had her singleton pup via c section this Wednesday. We went with c section cause she was 5 days past due date counting from tie (didn’t do progesterone, I will in the future). They did ultrasound for puppies heartbeat and progesterone testing on mom Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Puppy’s intestinal tract was there and moving and heartbeat was good all three days. Moms progesterone was 6.7, 6.7, and 5.1. Vet didn’t think she would go into labor so we opted for c section. Pup had a bit of poo in uterus so he believes he was a bit overdue in there. But was super healthy and came out screaming. 
First day and a half she was great, feeding so much and didn’t cry often. 
Thursday night around 1am it started crying so loud yelping, on and off but more on than off. At one point we put her on moms boobs and she didn’t want any. I did a small enema on her and a lot of gooey poop came out (my repro vet told me to never do it again so I haven’t). She’s been gaining weight, took her to vet Friday and they said her and mom look healthy. Repro vet recommended gas x for pup but haven’t done it yet. 
mom is on pain/anti inflammatory and antibiotics. Not sure if that’s the issue. She also doesn’t want dog food so we have been giving her chicken and boiled rice and treats and goats milk. Vet said she’s producing a lot of milk. 
is there anyone with experience of this? 

im always worried there’s something wrong with her. Haven’t gotten much sleep at all. She cries very often and they’re loud. I try to give her bottle she doesn’t want it, and I do also try stimulating her to go potty which she has once pooped but super tiny smear of yellow. 
I also have the heater on at 73 F, the whelping box is between 75-79F. 
she doesn’t have her mouth open but she also likes sleeping away from mom. 
Any recommendations?

BE5EE6F3-C59F-4AA6-AAE9-FB4B706FE407.jpeg

• Sad 2

Sleeping away from mum often means she is too warm.  And as screaming means something is wrong, she needs to go back to the vet, as Rebanne said.  I'm not sure what 'gas x' is but if the repro vet said to do it, I would be.  Possibly the pup has wind - have you tried burping it?

• Like 2

On 02/02/2021 at 6:55 AM, jemappelle said:

I'm not sure what 'gas x' is .

Its a human tablet for wind ,we use it on the big dogs in stress scenerios  for bloat but wouldnt give it to a pup .
For puppies we use something for babies ,luke warm baths but yes the vet asap would be better

• Like 2