frozen raw??

MaxMom

Hi there! First I have to ahead of time thank everyone who so far has helped and given me such great advice! My 9 month old Newf is now fully raw. We've hit some snags though. I thought I may be giving him too much bone based on some things I read, BUT he won't eat a bowl of food with out  bone(now his poo is not firm). Well I cut that back then realized he needed more organ meat, but had to freeze it and cut up or he won't eat it. In fact if he's not eating a bone he like ALL HIS MEAT FROZEN!

So is it ok if he eats meat chunks that are frozen or should I just do the old, take the bowl away and give it back at the next meal. Should he be eating warmer food?

~Nora

Hadn't much thought about it, Rheneas gets the odd frozen meal on super-hot days, not always though. 

But without going into the "did dogs descend from wolves" science, before people/dog relationship evolved, wolves in northern Europe, Alaska etc would have spent six months in winter snow per year, and need to eat left-overs and whatever they could scavenge when game was scarce and harder to catch.  So maybe eating frozen meals is natural to a dog's digestive system - or not??  

• Like 1