What would you do if your partner fed alcohol to your 12 week old puppy

Sam246

I woke up today and did my usual checking of my puppy's food and water topping them up or cleaning bowls and giving fresh and I noticed that the water in his bowl was yellow I smelled it before tipping it out as I was wondering why he would pee in his only water source it wasn't pee it was beer!! My partner poured beer into his water bowl last night and left our puppy with nothing else to drink but that til I found it this morning, he is extremely apologetic today but I'm honestly livid about this and can't understand why an adult man who claims to love our dog would do something so dangerous and disgusting to his loyal companion

• Sad 5

Sometimes men think with something other than their brain. :( 
What a dangerous and dumb act. Partner will hopefully be in the 'doghouse' for some time  after that little trick!!

I am presuming said partner was brain-impaired /drunk , in which case do NOT trust him to make good decisions when drunk. 

• Like 5

On 13/03/2021 at 7:18 PM, Loving my Oldies said:

Wow :mad   :mad    That is extraordinary.  What next when he is drunk?  Football with the dog?  

I would never trust him again.  

I’m sure it isn’t as easy as “kick him out” unless you own the house.  But I sure would be working out how to do so.   

Agreed. There is absolute NO excuse for this kind of behaviour!  I would never trust him again. What next? Learn from history.

Edited by Guest
omitted word

A week later and poster has not responded.  I’d love to know what has been the dynamic in that household in that time.  Yes, out of plain and simple curiosity, but also thinking of the welfare of the pup.  Poster called her partner’s actions “dangerous and disgusting.”  I couldn’t live with that.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Well obviously the answer is that the partner goes! You may be able to split from such a new puppy...but...The guy is an irresponsible ***** with very poor values about helpless beings, who thinks that funny means doing things to them, that may harm them, is funny. When does "may harm them" cross over into "will harm them"?

But there are problems here. Can you easily separate from your partner? Finances etc.

I used to regularly walk the dog at a park by the river. One afternoon a guy and his girlfriend came with their dog. We had not seen them before. In front of over one hundred dog lovers, he picked up their dog and threw her into the water. I rarely pick fights, being a coward :(, but I could not let this go. I really let loose (and that is something to hear). The guy said he was teaching the dog to swim. I told that all he was teaching her was fear....among other things. I heard his partner mutter "he's right".

The next time the dog came to the river there was only the young woman.... 

I wish you serious luck in your choices.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...