Tried Ziwi

felix

I wanted to try Ziwi Peak for awhile but never did it because of the cost. Well, I finally got a 1 kg mackerel and lamb pack and decided to give it a try. As suggested, I mixed it with the food I am currently using and gave it to our 1 year old mini poodle.
Well, little princess took all of it out of her bowl and ate only Ziwi and left her regular food. I guess she likes Ziwi better. She was never a big eater, so this is new experience for us. Now, it’s only left to budget it in somehow. Not so hard with mini poodle, I am just happy we don’t have a Rottweiler.

Edited by felix
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, JRG said:

I second this - great nutrition. Well received by all.  Biggest problem is finding a store with it in stock!

Yes @JRG it's only sold in Woolies which is so annoying (and it's even hard to find there as it's on the bottom row and tucked away)

20 hours ago, Boronia said:

buy some of this and mix with the regular food, my dogs love it and it's cheap, I think $2.50  https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/608307/woolworths-mackerel-in-oil

I did use it before with our standard poodle as an addition to his diet. I remember them being about a dollar then. I was now looking for a more complete, balanced diet, and Ziwi looked really good on paper (except the cost of course).

Petstock are currently cleaning out their K9 Natural stock, I’ve seen some people get bags that are usually $180 for less than $50. Might be worth having a look at stores closest to you. 

Pet Circle is usually not too bad on price as well, and My Pet Warehouse often has specials.