Pack Playtime.

persephone

I love the mornings  when my 'pack' has a run. 
Black, white, red merle, blue merle, solid red, all in a dusty blur as they kick up the red sand and fill the air with yips and barks .
The youngster gets tackled by the others, and is on the ground in a scuffle , his scruff  being pulled in two directions! Someone is rolling luxuriously in a patch of smelly dirt , and someone else is busy emptying his bladder onto a small bush. 
There is a blur of red as the two girls play speed racers along the track , coming to a skidding halt in the shade, and both going frog-legged in a shady spot , tongues lolling and a wide grin on their faces. I am mugged by an old boy seeking treats - showing me that he DOES remember how to lie down, and wait to eat when told ....and that , aside from that he is just wonderful...then a few more noses appear, sniffing hopefully  :)  
The youngster is up & running , being tackled, this time by three adults - and there is such a joyous scuffle! Every so often someone comes & checks on me , then goes back to the game, or ranges a way away to sniff a  pile of rabbit droppings, or leave their own mark .
When we head back to the house  everyone is happy , no one complains - and the day is off to a good start.
I am not one for 'training'.. as a hobby or whatever -   I just enjoy being around dogs as they do their thing  :love: 

• Like 9

My 'pack' is only 2 ..but they do love to play .. stalking, pounccing, the young one doing ninjs somersaults and rolls to try to take Rory's feet out from under him, because she's smaller and can't take his feet out otherwise .. then she'll get wound up for big racing loops .. duty fallen leaves going every which way.

I love that in the dog training philosophies I follow, the fun carries over into the training ..  if dog and human aren't having mutual fun, they're not doing it right .. is the mantra.   So it's nice to have my 12.5 year old nudging and pushing me ..wanting to do 'stuff' .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a great way to start the day Persephone. It’d be nice to be somewhere the four leggeds can run, sniff and do as they please with hardly a care in the world. I’m not a great fan of suburbia. It’s just where we have to be though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

..and this morning, I was lucky to spot the dorper sheep before old Don! he has a habit of tearing off after them :( I have been slack , and his recall while minus distraction is perfect - otherwise is non-existent - and he LOVES rounding up the sheep (or trying to bring ONE home)  he would have made a decent worker probably . BUT - his mum was/is useless. Thankfully I had a longline handy , and it was clipped on before he realised ;) he is good on the longline, even with Rudoph Rollator ..he knows not to pull too hard , or run circles ;) & we had a reasonable walk anyway :) Oh - and in a direction AWAY from the sheep ;) 

• Haha 4