Advice please

Elle23

5 hours ago, Elle23 said:

Good afternoon to anyone still following this post, I’ve had confirmation from their vet that the euthanisation was their decision and the vet had suggested getting in contact with me to see if I would take the pup back. I have been sent all the vets notes and will not be issuing a refund to them. He was in no state where euthanasia was necessary. 

If they go to small claims you will likely lose and pay out more .

Also keep in mind most vets will cover there butts in what was actually said so unless the vet is prepared to put all that in writing don’t take it as gospel .

You may want to consult with your lawyer 

1 hour ago, Dogsfevr said:

If they go to small claims you will likely lose and pay out more .

Also keep in mind most vets will cover there butts in what was actually said so unless the vet is prepared to put all that in writing don’t take it as gospel .

You may want to consult with your lawyer 

I spoke to the vet directly also, I doubt very much they would have any chance at winning. I have there bullshit messages and the vets notes also the conversation I had with the vet

13 hours ago, Elle23 said:

I spoke to the vet directly also, I doubt very much they would have any chance at winning. I have there bullshit messages and the vets notes also the conversation I had with the vet

Interesting the vet spoke so much because unless the actual owners authoritised such conversation the vet may find themselves in drama.

Vets still have a client confidentiality so I’m surprised the vet openly talked so much about a dog you no longer own .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dogsfevr said:

Interesting the vet spoke so much because unless the actual owners authoritised such conversation the vet may find themselves in drama.

Vets still have a client confidentiality so I’m surprised the vet openly talked so much about a dog you no longer own .

The new owner did give permission to talk to me. 

• Like 1

My sympathy to you -Poor baby.

I have been following this conversation carefully because the law is different in different States.  I could see small claims in Victoria maintaining that you should not have sold the pup, knowing that it was “faulty” (ie not fit for purpose) and awarding the purchaser full recompense + expenses.  I hope for your sake that is not the ruling in WA.  You need to remember that currently animals are treated the same as inanimate objects by most of the Law.

As a breeder you should never pass your problems off on to someone else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JRG said:

My sympathy to you -Poor baby.

I have been following this conversation carefully because the law is different in different States.  I could see small claims in Victoria maintaining that you should not have sold the pup, knowing that it was “faulty” (ie not fit for purpose) and awarding the purchaser full recompense + expenses.  I hope for your sake that is not the ruling in WA.  You need to remember that currently animals are treated the same as inanimate objects by most of the Law.

As a breeder you should never pass your problems off on to someone else.

I understand that and I don’t agree with the animal laws in this country I think it’s disgusting, my animals are my babies and every single one of those pups were treated as my own, they were spoilt and loved incredibly I said to the woman who bought him if she ever needed to contact me she was more than welcome to and the fact the vet had even suggested contacting me about the puppies surgery and she said no put him down and is now demanding a refund makes absolutely no sense to me or anyone else I have given every detail about this dilemma to. 

• Sad 1

On 19/04/2021 at 11:54 AM, Powerlegs said:

Are you planning on desexing the mother? 

She is booked in for next week. 
I already had full intentions of desexing her but unfortunately she fell pregnant before the the age we wanted her fixed, so to save her from another litter we decided that being sterilised before the age of 2 is better than her having another litter 

Edited by Elle23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...