Doggy door

Hello all. We have a cav which we have trained to use our doggy door. She used it fine for a week but now she barks at us to use the doggy door. I have to get up and point at the door for her to use it. We want her to use it without any barking. 
Any help would be great. 

• Like 1

I heard her bark once. I ignored her. After about 2 minutes she went out. 
Hours later she barked to go out. We ignored her. She kept on barking. Grrrr. We told her to go out. She did. 

• Haha 2

Do consider the dog door itself. Does it have a hard flap which might be hurting your dog’s body or face (swap to a soft flap); is it high up and your dog has to leap through it like an obstacle (add a stair on either side). I’ve seen some interesting installations where it’s little wonder the dog would rather wait for their human to open the door!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

Do consider the dog door itself. Does it have a hard flap which might be hurting your dog’s body or face (swap to a soft flap); is it high up and your dog has to leap through it like an obstacle (add a stair on either side). I’ve seen some interesting installations where it’s little wonder the dog would rather wait for their human to open the door!

It’s a soft door. It was high but was able to lower it by about 2.5 inches 

• 1 month later...

Lacey is using the doggy door on her own without barking about 95% of the time. Which we are very happy with. She is our little genius. :love:

It just took time and she realised she can just use it on her own. 

• Like 5