Sudden ataxia (lack of coordination) in older dog

Hi, our 13 year old Genie got up on Sunday morning and seemed a bit unstable. By mid morning she was seriously wobbly so we rushed her to emergency in ARH. Since she has nasal cancer they were concerned the tumour may have invaded the brain and they put her on seizure watch. By evening her condition hadn’t worsened so we brought her home and slept next to her so we could be aware of any changes. Next morning ( yesterday) we took her back to the hospital for a full CT and MRI, as well as blood panel check. Everything came back normal. 
The only thing out of the ordinary was that the night before her ataxia attack we had given her Nexgard. Now, she has been on Nexgard for about 5 years without any side effects. But we feel her reduced immunity due to chemo may have caused the reaction. The vet thinks that it could be idiopathic vestibular disease (no discernible cause) or the Nexgard, but there is no way to confirm. They did flush out her kidneys though.

Today Genie is much better though still a bit wobbly. Has anyone here had a similar experience? I think it’s too much of a coincidence that it happened the day after she got Nexgard.

I had an older dog who had an episode of idiopathic vestibular disease. One of the main giveaways is the eye flicking. A vet should have been able to pick that up. My boy took a few weeks to recover but there was no real treatment.

I'm with Snook, unless really needed I'd be backing off the chemicals especially the all in one's.

• Like 2