Unpapered pups from registered breeder of other breed

Confused2021

53 minutes ago, Dogsfevr said:

I don’t see this as all about the hubby .

Maybe he wanted this pup for himself and you have the other dog to enjoy .That you both have a dog in there life .

Many older dogs don’t play straight away that is not abnormal at all.

It doesn’t mean pup needs to be placed with another dog this is where the humans step up as they would with an adult single dog with enrichment in there daily lives .

Why is the breeder refusing to talk too you ?

53 minutes ago, Dogsfevr said:

I don’t see this as all about the hubby .

Maybe he wanted this pup for himself and you have the other dog to enjoy .That you both have a dog in there life .

Many older dogs don’t play straight away that is not abnormal at all.

It doesn’t mean pup needs to be placed with another dog this is where the humans step up as they would with an adult single dog with enrichment in there daily lives .

Why is the breeder refusing to talk too you ?

It's good to know that our older dog is not acting abnormally. I've been very concerned for as she has been refusing to look at us at all, as if she's feeling betrayed (possibly we are projecting). I wasn't thinking that only another dog would do (she would be able to play with other small dogs at the park in a few weeks for that anyway), more just thinking of how another home could give her something we could not and may be even better off and more fullfilled. 

I spoke with my husband and he said he had wanted a new puppy thinking it would be something to look forward to after such a horrible year. He'd thought he'd just take on the responsibility himself, night time toileting etc and just had not thought through how much was required for the whole household, not just himself. We both have flexible work from home so he just assumed it would be okay. He is working full time as well as me and seems to have forgotten that you can't predict when the pup will sleep and when she'll want to roll around on the floor with us like a crazy needle-tooth ball of energy. Swapping her back and forth between calls only works when you don't both have an important meeting. If I'd been planning on a puppy it would not have been at the time of starting a new job with more responsibility, and I would have taken time off to get both dogs adjusted to the new arrangement. Being upset, betrayed, exhausted from no sleep drove a wedge in the household and I found I also resented missing out on the planning preparation and excitement of a new puppy. I honestly don't know what on earth happened because he'd just booked a social night class for us which we had to cancel as there is no good way for us to leave both dogs unattended in the house. We could physically separate them but they would both likely be upset so not really practical. 

I contacted the breeder asking for information on the type of registration for the puppy and if she had been PRA tested. It was probably too confronting and I've offended her as she seemed defensive saying she would not talk to anyone other than my husband, that she had xx years of experience and that she would send the papers to the given address. I don't feel good about things so I will let it be and have him look after the remaining correspondence. He has not heard from her at all either to check on the pup's safe arrival or since I contacted her this morning, so he will have to do the reaching out I guess.

3 hours ago, persephone said:

All you've done is panic. You didn't  buy a puppy - your well-meaning husband sadly did , and I dare say he now knows :(
You and your dog had this pup dumped on you when you were not at all prepared ...and you reacted. 
I hope the breeder can take her back, I really do .It's where she should be .

AS for this - it's just perfectly normal puppy behaviour , and is where single puppy owners step in with training and toys- to fill the gap :) No big deal .Your current dog must be wondering what on earth happened! LOL 

Thank you so much. This helps me feel a little better.

To be honest I am not quite sure how to react to this situation. In my opinion this seems a little dramatic.. 

You could of just contacted the ANKC of your state to confirm that the breeder you got your dog from is registered to breed the puppy you were kindly gifted by your husband. He did the right thing by buying from DogzOnline because this website has a strict process of ensuring breeders are legit before being allowed to list pups for sale. 

Your husband was probably hoping for a reaction like the puppy surprise videos on YouTube lol 

If the breeder has become defensive and only wants to speak to your husband then I’m afraid that you must of been quite aggressive? Because generally breeders are kind and understanding. If you had just said the puppy was an unwanted gift, I’m sure they would of cooperated. 

But regardless, I hope things work out for you. 

Edited by Raksha
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Poor you & the Puppy -  a woman bought a Pure Bred 12 week old little Puppy, it was flown to where she lived. Her old Dog had been euthanised due to ill health 10 days earlier. Woman lived on her own, worked, missed her Dog desperately & thought a Puppy would ease her Grief…..it didn’t. She couldn’t bond with the Puppy & felt terrible. She had the Puppy for 9 days…..she rang the Breeder, sobbing into the phone would the Breeder take the Puppy back, she would pay the return air fare. The Breeder agreed to take the puppy back. Puppy arrived safely & was on sold. The owner who returned the Puppy was grieving for her old best friend & now the guilt having to return a little Puppy, she couldn’t love/bond. Woman admitted she rushed in & hadn’t allowed herself the time to grieve over the loss of her old Dog. I don’t know if she is now the owner of another Dog now that she has had time to grieve. My old Dog was very ill….being monitored by our Vet…I was beyond devastated when the Vet told me it is time. I asked the Vet to come to my home to end my wonderful little Dogs life. I had been dosing him with Bach Rescue Remedy…when the Vet arrived my little Dog as curled up asleep. I got in my car & drove away…returning 30 minutes later, to an empty house. My Dog’s Spirit/Soul had left, I could feel it. My little dog had been with me through the Death of very close Relatives & a horrible Divorce….he gave me the company I needed…he was always there - we were the best of friends. I was a mess when he was euthanised…..I waited 5 long years before I have the courage to adopt another Dog…I grieved for so long. I eventually made the decision to bring another Dog into my life. He was an older Pure Bred Dog (small breed) ….he has stolen my heart. It was love at first sight for me, not for him. I patiently waited a few months before he felt safe & would come to me. This was a number of years ago…..we 2 are now joined at the hip….he is so precious & loveable. We have to think before we leap…we are told a Dog is for life…..sadly it doesn’t always end that way for the owner or the  Dog. My little Dog is sitting next to me, tapping me with his paw…asking me to touch him -  such an affectionate & devoted little Dog.

Edited by Osza