Megs: Rescued from the streets and her babies

Babies are two weeks old tomorrow afternoon.  Megs is being a bit of a flighty mother - she prefers human company.  Puppies are doing well though.  Three boys and one girl.  The girl is the palest coated one second from left and she was first born.  Biggest is first on the right.  He was  No 3 and has "Buddha’s Thumbprint" on his head

636C3838-D1B3-4D9A-9F43-256E62B61FF5

Edited by Loving my Oldies
  • Like 3

She certainly is pretty @persephone and very needy of her humans.  She won’t stay with the pups unless someone is with her - she barks and cries and bashes on the door, poor darling    I have been going over to the rescuer’s house to relieve her and spend time with Megs and the pups.  We can only surmise what her life must have been like before, but she is crazy for people, so right from the start, we have had no difficulties in handling the puppies although she does do a thorough cleaning job after we have touched them :heart:   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Loving my Oldies said:

she is crazy for people,

What a dear little munchkin . So much love to share . It makes me wonder why she ended up on the street :(there seems so be a high probabilty of sep. anxiety - but she will make someone an absolutely dear little companion  <3     

• Like 1

We think she and a little boy (Cavalier x Chi and probably the daddy) were dumped because they were suddenly seen in the neighbourhood.  The little boy was quickly rescued because he turned up on someone’s deck.  He has since been adopted by the vet who saw him.  Megs stayed put at a particular house where the people were hardly ever there.  She was always running around, but was impossible to catch.  As she always went back to the same house, it was assumed she lived there and by the time the family who lived there had been contacted and confirmed she wasn’t theirs, but had just turned up, several days had passed.  To cut a long story short, I saw this on the neighbourhood FB page and became involved.  And here we are.   

Edited by Loving my Oldies
  • Like 2