Woman dies in Qld after being attacked by 3 dogs

Animal House

Absolutely Horrific.  :(

LINK

I had read  in an earlier abc report that a woman died after being attacked by 3 dogs she was looking after in an enclosed yard. 

Now the latest update is mentioning Pit Bulls, which is likely to stir up  BSL, so we'll have to wait and see more updates as to the breed of dogs.  Either way, a horrible tragedy.  RIP to the poor lady.  :(

I saw the dogs and they looked more lab mixes to me - definately just a large cross breed if anything. I noticed none of the news reports I heard or saw mentioned breed so I was interested to see what they were. One of them had saggy boobies like she'd not long finished feeding a litter. I wondered while watching the report if it was some kind of protective attack if the pups were still there? Very sad.

• Sad 1

So tragic, that poor, poor woman. Condolences to her family.

three articles name a breed or breeds including the original link actually? 

But without photos it could be anything, n as accurate as the link below?

one link included a video on how to avoid an attack which I thought would be helpful, so many people dont know

the video supplied by the AVA.

https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/news/queensland-woman-mauled-to-death-by-dogs-in-maryborough/news-story/3cda4c313b1c7e01016d6f309052b524

as for the rest of the news below the video ?.

well according to it they were loose on the street? so much for accurate reporting

Edited by asal
  • Sad 1

it seems when there are no close-up photos of the dogs they are always Pitt Bulls, as LG says just a mix of something including Labs, probably pig dogs of some sort.

Anyway they are no longer here which is to be expected

The whole episode is just so awfully sad

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-09/dog-attack-queensland-maryborough-put-down-euthanased/100200864

• Thanks 1

These images of them is on the net. appears to be golden smooth-coat with dark muzzle n golden smooth-coat without dark muzzle.  certainly   solid head . well equipped to the job done.

Frankly looking at them you couldn't pay me enough to go near them. I know the  saying is " blame the deed not the breed" .

But whatever they are, those heads were build to tear anything to pieces. I've been bitten to the bone by three of a friends dogs when I had to crate them in an emergency to get her to hospital. but their deed ability to tear me to pieces was severely restricted by the fact they were chihuahuas who thought I was trying to steal them I think. the deed is greatly influenced by their ability to do damage too many forget.

May be an image of 1 person and text

May be an image of screen and text that says "arrests after major crime sting 2 IRONSIDE 3 ath by dc Queensland woman dies after dog attack NOW AFP warns of after major cri cri"

May be an image of 1 person, animal and text that says "three dogs in Queensland By Nathan Edwards 4:25pm Jun 8, 2021 FIRST ON 10 MARYBOROUGH ።9 NEWS 親å 調 FATAL DOG ATTACK WOMAN MAULED AND KILLED BY DOGS IN MARYBORQUIGH"

Edited by asal
  • Sad 2