6 week old pup

David.drs

Hey guys, me an my partner rescued a 6 week old kelpie cross lab 

I have a question my partner and I work about 6 hours a day and was wondering how we go about looking after the little guy while we are gone I have a play pen set up for him with dog toys dog pads and  blankets with his water bowl he seems to love it and loves to sleep in it once’s he’s tired himself out however he does get needy sometimes and wants attention

any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated on how to manage while at work 

cheers 

F07B1B2D-90C3-45FF-B591-81DF895AE211.jpeg

He needs a toileting space AWAY from food/water . Dogs don't normally poo/pee where they eat . 
Somewhere warm to sleep.
Toys to chew and cuddle 
and UNTIPPABLE water bowl 
and I would leave a large raw  meaty bone with him - but that's just me . You could also leave a bowl full of dry puppy food , as he'll get hungry . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, persephone said:

He needs a toileting space AWAY from food/water . Dogs don't normally poo/pee where they eat . 
Somewhere warm to sleep.
Toys to chew and cuddle 
and UNTIPPABLE water bowl 
and I would leave a large raw  meaty bone with him - but that's just me . You could also leave a bowl full of dry puppy food , as he'll get hungry . 

that’s awesome I’ll move his water bowl away he’s got a stack of toys and blankets 

I like the bone idea as well 

hes a really good pup loves cuddles which is why I hate leaving him but I do have someone who will pop and and check on him and play with him and he also has a big brother to play with too 

Thanks so much for your help 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Loving my Oldies said:

Where did your little guy come from?

I got him through a family friend his mum couldn’t feed the pups so they were all bottle fed and successfully weaned off the milk but the mum was extremely struggling so we wanted to help and make him apart of our fam all his brothers and sister are in forever homes which is so good 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Puppies need 4-5 meals a day…..they grow so fast & their diet can determine their health & longevity. Neighbour bought a Trendy Breed, they bought a camera with a microphone they both can watch the puppy & talk to it whilst they are at work (vis their Smart Phone). JB HiFi sell the Cameras, she said they paid just over $300 for the camera.

On 14/06/2021 at 10:01 AM, Rebanne said:

Of course he is needy, he is a tiny baby!

Poor little baby.  If I hear one more person say [a tiny baby] gets “needy” I think I’ll scream.  How can anyone with even one brain cell think a virtually new born puppy WON’T get needy.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...