Sasha 28/3/07-13/6/21

Daisys Mum

It’s been 2 days but it seems like it’s only just happened...

At 6.56 pm on Sunday we had to say goodbye to my darling girl Sasha.

She had been declining over the last few months with her sight,hearing and weakness in her back legs.. but the last few days it was a struggle to get her to eat and the Saturday night through to Sunday she just stopped eating/drinking and couldn’t get up or walk.

We got Sasha in 2007 at the AWL , she was very underweight but she had a sparkle in her brown eyes that I couldn’t resist... she had such a zest for life.. but she was also a cuddle bunny and was my shadow, she would follow me everywhere.

We soon realised that she loved to dig holes and lay in them and was so proud of herself.

She hated car rides but she loved Dr Jonathon so knew after a short car ride she would get to see him so she was happy.

She loved her sister Lacey so much ,they would play all day but as Sasha got older the playing stopped but Lacey knew and was so gentle with her.

Every gotcha birthday we would take her to Petstock and she could pick one thing in the toy isle.. she loved her stuffed toys, it wasn’t unusual to see a toy flying past as she played with it.

We live in a flight path and in her younger years she would hear a plane about to fly over and would try and catch it lol.

She had such a huge personality which has left the house so quiet, she was either barking or hassling the cat or getting into mischief.

I am missing her terribly and it feels like a part of me is gone.

RIp baby girl .. I am sure you are up there playing with Kira :heart:

Sorry having trouble uploading but managed this one.. she hated cameras so most of the photos are of her asleep like this one.

4BF105DB-18D0-4F4F-80F4-00919BF69A4B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Ohhh, such sad, sad news..another DOL stalwart trotted over the bridge . :kissbetter:  :rainbowbridge: 
Even though you have known this was coming, it is still such a big loss for you - such a shock for her not to BE there :(
She was a gorgeous girl, and has been much loved. 
R I P Sasha girl ..may there be soft sand in the shade where you can dig the biggest holes!

• Like 2

Sorry to hear your beautiful girl has grown her wings. It’s certainly never easy saying goodbye. It sounds like she was such a precious little girl. My thoughts are with you. 

• Like 2

I live with Sasha’s mum. Margaret is my housemate and BFF. I miss our Sashy so much. I played with her every day and I miss that:(

She was a amazing dog. When she was younger she was our chief insect spotter:laugh: She will be playing with my Kira(husky) in doggy heaven:heart: Sashy passed away on my birthday:(:rainbowbridge:

Edited by Mark_H
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Thank you so much everyone ... I appreciate all the comments :) 
Yesterday I picked up Sasha’s ashes ...we chose an eco urn and I also decided on keeping some of Sasha’s fur, we also got a lovely little candle in a glass pot which was a lovely suprise... AWL and the emergency Vet were wonderful, they were so kind .

Lacey has been a bit clingy but that’s to be expected..  I’m also getting used to a new normal, Sasha was my shadow so getting used to her not being there is still a work in progress.

Edited by Sashas Mum
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3