Weight Gain

Nepal_AU

@Nepal_AU.. To my eye he looks lovely.  I've been watching a friend's Brittany boy growing up, and your boy looks very similar to that dog at the same sort of age.   They go a bit gangly, then sort of catch up with themselves and while still leggy, look more balanced.    So I wouldn't be trying to put more weight on him, provided he remains happy and active.    I probably wouldn't be going for the high protein either..... that cantend to promote a bit more growth than you need in some breeds.  

And well done fro getting a Britt to stand still unaided for a photo.. two photos!!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Nepal_AU said:

@DogsfevrYes he has long legs and very fast.. keeps running will not stop. 

What is conformation? 

So the Brittany breed standard he would be deemed “ Whippety” in body shape which is a fault .No big deal for a pet but if your comparing how yours looks to pictures he is different whether it be french style or American .

Brittanys should be Cobby  in appearance .

You need to teach switch off if he’s over active to a point of extreme but excessive pooing is an issue so you need to reassess what food ,the quantities .

20 hours ago, Tassie said:

@Nepal_AU.. To my eye he looks lovely.  I've been watching a friend's Brittany boy growing up, and your boy looks very similar to that dog at the same sort of age.   They go a bit gangly, then sort of catch up with themselves and while still leggy, look more balanced.    So I wouldn't be trying to put more weight on him, provided he remains happy and active.    I probably wouldn't be going for the high protein either..... that cantend to promote a bit more growth than you need in some breeds.  

And well done fro getting a Britt to stand still unaided for a photo.. two photos!!

Thanks @Tassie , yes he is very active and bright, my concern was his body fat . If that's how he should be I am happy :)

19 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

So the Brittany breed standard he would be deemed “ Whippety” in body shape which is a fault .No big deal for a pet but if your comparing how yours looks to pictures he is different whether it be french style or American .

You need to teach switch off if he’s over active to a point of extreme but excessive pooing is an issue so you need to reassess what food ,the quantities .

@DogsfevrThanks he is French brittany. I think they are slightly smaller in size n stature. 

he is different whether it be french style or American .

"Cobby" means that the dog is thickset/short bodied ..looks 'chunky' :) Your boy looks fine/longer legged .  :)

Had a Rottweiler that was like him , so much so that i was beginning to think the Breeder had conned me , , he looked like  a energetic boxers build ,  skinny   , like yours  he was active  i'd had 2 other Rottys  and they were no where near  the energy level this one had ,  he started prancing around from morning to night non stop ,,, But has he got older ,  he developed into a strong sturdy good looking dog , in fact everyone commented on him , no fat just out and out muscle  and very toned with it ,, Worm your dog , don't give him has much rice ,   he looks good , my vet would say perfect

• Like 1