Dog lost for two years found by owner

persephone

LOVE this story  LINK

excerpt

For the past two years, Nieves has grieved the loss. She finally decided to start looking for a new dog for her two sons to enjoy.

By chance, Nieves was scrolling through the local Humane Society's website listing of dogs available for adoption when she saw a golden face she recognized. Noticing a distinctive scar above his right eye, she knew it was Kovu.

"I thought, 'Wait, that can't be him.'" she told The Morning Call. Then, I saw the little scar over one eye, the scar from when he got caught in a gate, and I was like, 'Oh my God, that's my baby, that's Kovu!'"

• Like 1

What a great reunion, I wonder why the Humane Society adopted him out to someone else so quickly though?  I would have thought lost pets got seven days or something?  Poor woman must have been devastated know her dog was adopted to another family.  :(  (maybe not microchipped and couldn't prove ownership or something?)  Either way, I think the adopters should have given him back knowing it was her dog, they'd only had him a few days.

But boy, he knew who his mumma was. Such excitement, it was lovely to watch them re-unite  :love:

• Like 1