sleeve for leg injury

I would look at most options over a cone .

Each dog is different and we will go with what works best and cones aren’t a guarantee off success either .

But generally most don’t need the cone vets just hand them over and tell you to use them 

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 1

To be used under supervision only  .

I tend to use a well-fitted soft basket muzzle :) One  a dog can drink happily while wearing ..and a nice open one for plenty of air . no/chewing/licking of wounds/stitches , no cone of shame , and no covering of something that may not heal well if covered.....

image.jpeg.9e8abce5166042e05851cf0476dc2540.jpeg

• Like 1

For sure you could look into surgical suits but do consider training your dog to joyfully wear a cone. It’s really not that hard, honestly. If you need a hard bucket cone, Velfast has soft neoprene edges.

Here’s one way to train it. 

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 1

I've seen pool noodles strung onto a collar to do the same job as a cone. There are also soft blow up collars. I usually just use a muzzle, none of my dogs have been big chewers on stitches or wounds.

• Like 1

Will it pull on stitches and cause them to itch? 
Will it pull on hair?

With the wrinkles and wraps there are lots of places for teeth to grab -and it is only chew resistant- not chew PROOF ;) 
have you spoken with your vet about keeping the wound covered with a waterproof fabric? Some wounds need to 'breathe' to heal well .

Edited by persephone

2 hours ago, jessiej said:

he's not comfortable and he's trying to remove it

he needs to be trained to accept it :) Of course he'll act up - then you take it off ...and guess what? he's learned that trying to get it off works! ;) 

On 21/07/2021 at 2:30 PM, persephone said:

he needs to be trained to accept it :) Of course he'll act up - then you take it off ...and guess what? he's learned that trying to get it off works! ;) 

thank you!!!!