RSPCA takes dogs

My two dogs have been taken away from me by the RSPCA under allegations that I was beating them.Put in by someone that was trying to get back at me, they found nothing wrong with the dogs.They have been gone for 5 1/2 months.They want me to pay $5800 in vet bills and 5 1/2 months boarding fees.I suffer from depression and anxiety and this has distroyed me.

4 hours ago, Adrian Emslie said:

My two dogs have been taken away from me by the RSPCA under allegations that I was beating them.Put in by someone that was trying to get back at me, they found nothing wrong with the dogs.They have been gone for 5 1/2 months.They want me to pay $5800 in vet bills and 5 1/2 months boarding fees.I suffer from depression and anxiety and this has distroyed me.

Sadly you are now a member of a very large club.

On the bright side, if you had posted that in 1999 you would have been banned from posting here for months.  I know. I was. only allowed after sentance ended on condition I never mentioned the sacred cow.  as for pilloried with "where there's smoke there's fire .  even 19 years later someone had the hide to belch it.

Incredibly painful for you as this is, there is the bright side, and there really is,  a bright side.

People WILL................... believe you. 

There are too many of us now that know your telling the truth. 

You need help and you need it now. Head to your doctor and ask can they recommend someone who can teach you self hypnosis.   the group is called "Australian Society of Clinical hypnotherapists" https://www.asch.com.au/find-a-hypnotherapist/

I am suggesting you try it as the mental damage caused does not go away any time soon.

You can learn to deal with the stress and learn to stop what in my case became increasing panic attacks.   Every one is different how stress affects them, Sadly depression is a main part of the problem and just doctors, psychiatrists only drug you to deal with it, Psychotherapist's just sit and listen (make a motza) and your supposed to feel better talking about it?  Didn't work for me, nor for many I know. They dont teach you how to deal with all the emotional whorlpools you will be experiencing.

I wasted 14 years being drugged to deal with the heartbreak. Before finally being referred to learn self hypnosis.  they teach you a "key" to repeat to yourself to still the overwhelming and re-find your quiet place and coping strategy.

The bad news is its not an "instant" fix like I hoped it would be.  But learning to deal with stress is a life changer believe me.

rspca inspectors thrive on inflicting the most stress possible on their target.

As you are learning.  You can be amazingly stronger than you think you can be.  Best wishes.

Hang in there. dont let them win. 

Its their aphrodisiac.

Deny them their pleasure.

Edited by asal
  • Like 2

Realised the link below will far better explain why so many people who have experience trauma, find it so hard to "snap out of it".

The problem is  not that you are not "trying hard enough" your trying to access a part of your brain that in these circumstances is not necessarily your friend now.

Trauma and in the case of those targeted by the rspca affects no two the same. 

Its very hard to process learning that all you had thought, been taught about justice and innocent until proven guilty no longer apply.

Knowing your innocent, but no one to appeal to.

Discovering that where pets are concerned you are treated as automatically guilty knocks all your world as you knew it, on its ear.

The internal damage goes to a part of the brain you cannot consciously access.

But hypnotism can.

Read the link first, its a quite quirky author explaining without the medical jargon.

https://www.afom.org.au/images/research/V.93-3-Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Sethanne Howard and Mark Crandalll.pdf

I know until I read this I could not understand what was going on.

You may feel,  this has nothing to do with my depression etc.  BUT, as below. It does.  I was miss diagnosed for 14 years. Lost all those years cannot get back. They now know the resulting damage can even be seen on a MRI. 

“ The next edition of the DSM will contain an updated definition for PTSD that will widen the criteria to include emotional as well as physical trauma. Typically one thinks of trauma as a single life-threatening event; however, trauma can also arise from an accumulation of small incidents rather than one major incident”

“repeated abuse (verbal, physical, or sexual), regular intrusion and violation of one’s physical or psychological space (bullying, stalking, harassment”

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/07/2021 at 10:08 AM, Adrian Emslie said:

Put in by someone that was trying to get back at me, they found nothing wrong with the dogs.

Can you not provide references from neighbours, vets etc who can vouch for how you treat your dogs? I’m surprised that RSPCA can just pick up dogs without evidence.

3 hours ago, Odin-Genie said:

Can you not provide references from neighbours, vets etc who can vouch for how you treat your dogs? I’m surprised that RSPCA can just pick up dogs without evidence.

You'd be amazed at the actual scope of their powers to seize animals... and even evidence from treating vets falls on deaf ears... been there, and it's completely soul crushing what they get away with... grrr!

T.

• Sad 1

On 19/08/2021 at 1:38 PM, Odin-Genie said:

When mine was stolen in 1999 according to the then Minister for Agriculture Richard Amery, 'the inspector formed the opinion the dogs best interests would be served by seizure and removal to the Yagoona facility'

Mind you that is a massive power, considering all they have to do is 'form the opinion' with no avenue of appeal when  said 'opinion' was formed despite the dog had none of the conditions they then proceeded to test him for all at my cost?

Even  more disturbing none of the tests were done for conditions listed as requiring immediate seizure?  They were all tests done for conditions the owner is supposed to have 14 days to take to their vet which if not complied with.    Will then be seized!

They have immense powers and have had them then 1992 since my friends horses were also taken on the  'formed the opinion;  they all had feed and water. so much for them saying their ' hands are tied' if the animal they dont want to take has feed and water.  Only 'tied' when they tie them themselves

Last year they were given $250,000 by the nsw government to eliminate puppy farms.   Instead they rebadged the new task force as 'POCTA compliance force'

Which instead of inspecting unregistered puppy farms, is busy inspecting all registered breeders for compliance.  What has been so disturbing to the inspected, they issued $500 on the spot fines for any issues the inspector deemed was not compliant. no time given to fix it first as was the case in the past.  One lady was hit for $1500.

They are also 'interpreting the POCTA' as they see fit.  There is nothing in the legislation that exercise area must be minimum of 6 feet.  But that is the new addition. Another instance of deciding to 'form the opinion' in this case with nothing to do with animal welfare

Many have discovered when they paid for colour bond fences which if you read the suppliers adds invariably say are 1800, it has been discovered when the inspector puts the rule to them almost without fail are minimum 2 inches short .  

All told they must add the extra 2 inches.

Wonder if they are still inspecting now the whole state is in lockdown?

Edited by asal