I have a Nearly 9 year old beautiful girl Staffy Female

DannielleW

As she is a rescue dog, unfortunately she was never been desexed she has had one litter when she was about 5 years. My question is that Indy is on heat and is very lethargic, not moving and gone totally off her food as she is older is this normal?

Thank you in advance 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, DannielleW said:

As she is a rescue dog, unfortunately she was never been desexed she has had one litter when she was about 5 years. My question is that Indy is on heat and is very lethargic, not moving and gone totally off her food as she is older is this normal?

Thank you in advance 

Don't delay, take her straight to your vet this morning as this may well be an emergency

• Like 3

I echo the posts above. Your girl may have pyometra. There are many things that may be making your girl behave the way she is, but Pyometra would be a real real possibility and if it is pyometra, you have NO time to lose in getting to the vet. pyometra is an acute life threatening infection of the uterus and left untreated, or left too long, kills many dogs. Even if it turns out not to be pyometra, the vet bill for a check up will be well worth the peace of mind. 

• Like 2

Please let us know how Indi is.  Pyometra is a killer and a quick one :(  :(

Apart from that, I don’t understand your comment that she hasn’t been desexed because she is a rescue dog.  In fact, it should be exactly the opposite.  No organisation calling itself a rescue would adopt out an undesexed dog unless there was a very very very good reason and, even then, the dog would need to be very closely monitored.  

You need to go back to them to get some clarity.  

• Like 5