Raw feeding a pregnant and lactating dog

Pucapo

I have a pregnant toy girl and would like some advice as to what people are feeding.

I currently feed mostly puppy biscuits as recommended by the vet but would like to transition her over onto fully/mostly raw.

If any breeders are feeding a similar diet to their girls would you kindly advise what you are giving them

Thanks 

Where like Rebanne there diet  remains the same except for portions .

I would be very careful playing around with a diet a dog is not use too whilst pregnant especially if never been feed a proper raw diet .

my comment has nothing to do with raw v not but dogs not exposed to many of the organs in a true raw can struggle .

If your dog has had meat in the past make that healthier .

We use the vege rice in freezer section to add to our meat,tuna,sardines etc .

pour dogs are use to organ meats but not all can stomach it 

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 3

I chop up chicken frames and feed them alongside puppy chow.  The lactating bitch needs more calcium and secondary minerals) more fat (dog milk is 9%+ fat) and more protein. Frames are a good source of all of these and better balanced than calcium supplements...plus they are prettyeasyto find and cheap. I don't trust pet mince.  It's often made from a scrap pile that's been sitting around and is none too fresh. 

My dogs are larger...but a good meat clever will reduce frames to a near pulp in no time. 

• Like 1