I have good news.

Kirislin

I have some very happy news. After being whippetless for almost a year I have at last welcomed a beautiful cream whippet puppy into our pack.  For those who don’t know, cream isn’t fawn.  I first saw cream whippets almost 40 years ago and have been looking for them ever since.  This lovely puppy is the first pedigree cream I’ve ever seen in Australia and as soon as I saw him my eyes almost popped out of my head and I asked to buy him.  He’s one of the sweetest softest cuddliest puppy I’ve had.  His breeder has done a fabulous job of raising him.  I couldn’t be happier.

I am working on a name for him but so far nothing has stuck.

Neko and Secret aren’t impressed but I feel sure that as he learns to be a bit more gentle with them things will improve.

so here he is. Name suggestions are welcome. 

5214D405-2347-49BD-A34F-0D9C1897D550.jpeg

058E715B-C1A0-4213-8DB0-3AEE17946A08.jpeg

• Like 16

Congratulations! He looks beautiful  :love:  he certainly has the action ! LOL .Glad you have a whippet again - and it seems , something special .
names?

From Old English ....

Groke

This means to stare intently at someone who is eating, in the hope that they will give you some. Watch any dog for a demonstration.
or this one, which I quite like :)
Brabble

Do you ever brabble? To brabble is to argue loudly about matters of no importance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hmmm... seeing as you had Puck... follow the theme??

Puck's mortal name was Robin Goodfellow... and he was a Jester.

Oberon

Lysander

Demetrius

Egeus

Theseus

Nick Bottom... referred to as just Bottom

Peter Quince... I like Quince for a name

Francis Flute... Flute sounds good to me too

Snug

Pyramus

He's gorgeous... and I'm sure the girls will adjust to him being a naughty "little" brother soon enough... lol!

T.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stellnme said:

He is so lovely! @Kirislin   Just a few names I thought of - Merlin, because something about him says "Magical" and Scirocco, which is a Mediterranean wind - and we all know how sighthounds can run!  

That’s interesting, I’ve only heard it as Sirocco, and funnily enough, I named one of Penny’s puppies Sirocco, I also had Zephyr, Mistral, Hurricane, Whirlwind and Cyclone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kirislin said:

That’s interesting, I’ve only heard it as Sirocco, and funnily enough, I named one of Penny’s puppies Sirocco, I also had Zephyr, Mistral, Hurricane, Whirlwind and Cyclone.

I thought it was pronounced the same as Sirocco, but just looked up the pronunciation and it seems it is Shuh-ro-kow, which is different!

Poor little fella got stung on the toe by a bee. Poor bee too. I put puppy’s paw in cold water, then rubbed an ice block all over it but nothing eased the pain so I eventually gave him a tiny bit of polaramine. It says I could give him half a tablet but I used much less. It seems to have given him relief though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

He's lovely Kirislin.  Cream and a touch of light contrast makes me think of bee-sting cake which is heavenly.  Not suggesting Bee-sting as a name, and hope the little fellow is over his sore paw.  Would have suggested creme brulee, only Dogsandthemob got in first.  But in general I don't really like food or drink names for animals, most of ours have people-names, including the sheep and goats.

• Like 2