Please help with my dog

Bumb1ebe

Good evening.

We desperately need your help.

Chapi-Toy Terrier. He will be 15 years old in March. For the last 2 years he has been sick. We've been to many doctors. They can not diagnose exactly. We live in Georgia. There's no MRI for animals.
They don't do biopsies. The only treatment that helped was Dexamethasone and
Ceftriaxone. We periodically take these medicines, then rest. And so for two years.

Chapi has very enlarged lymph nodes on the left side behind the ear, behind the jaw, and on the neck. Dexamethasone is already not as effective. Two months ago, we accidentally found one on the upper
The vet advised prednisolone but it does not help, by the way chemotherapy is not done for dogs in Georgia.

We send photos of the neoplasm on the jaw, enlarged lymph nodes and the latest tests (on the basis of
Based on these tests the last vet said that it is a multicentric lymphoma).
In general, the dog, given his age, mood and appetite are good.
I understand that it is difficult to diagnose the dog remotely, without all the necessary examinations, but I beg you very much, please help and advise at least some treatment.

Thank you.

https://ibb.co/m9WNKjh
https://ibb.co/swGHRKW
https://ibb.co/6FPRQVH
https://ibb.co/jTnJ3Bt
https://ibb.co/y8sSZQj

There may be individuilized cancer therapies that could belp but if they exist they are probably experimental.  Try the vet school at your nearest university.

As for conventional cancer treatment, my understanding is that once it has spread, there's not much that works.  Support your pup and be grateful for the time you have had.  Get the best out of the time to come.  Many cancers aren't painful until the end... and you may want to consider the green dream when it gets bad.

Chapi looks like a lovely little dog... and you obviously love him very much... but he is also a quite senior little man who appears to be not very well at all.

The blood test results as given here definitely show some issues with his liver and pancreas, and his white blood cell counts are not the best - mostly indicative of an infection or lymph node issue.

The photos are definitely alarming, and indicate that he has a number of tumerous growths that could be making things a bit difficult for him with regard to eating, and maybe also eventually swallowing and breathing properly.

Unfortunately at Chapi's advanced age, surgical options to remove the tumours may be more life threatening than the palliative care the vets seem to have been engaging in for him.

I think that Chapi may be in his final months, and that you might have to prepare yourselves for the fact that he may need to leave you and become an angel soon. Love him and let him live out his remaining time as comfortably as possible... he will let you know when he wants you to help him go to heaven with dignity and respect.

I'm sorry that I cannot be more positive, but I think you already know that the best you can do for Chapi is make him comfortable at this point. Please give him some cuddles from me...

T.

• Like 3

I agree with what @tdierikx says, I do understand the hell that you are going through as I am one (there are quite a few Dolers here that also do this) of those people that gives a home to older dogs so my time with them is limited, we all must remember that we can't fix old age

Your vet has obviously helped but now is the time just to spend time with your little dog and prepare yourself mentally into saying goodbye soon.

this is what one of the Dolers wrote about about Bonnie, her little Scottish Terrier that only spent a few months with her

Bonnie's time is near.  We'll be making the appointment today. 

She is an amazing dog and has sparked a love of Scotties in me.

But she is winding down like an old clock.

I promised her when she was diagnosed with cancer that I wouldn't let her be sad. It's time to fulfil that promise even though it hurts so much.  

So Yes, it hurts, but we do it for the dog

:hug:

• Like 5

On 11/11/2021 at 6:17 AM, tdierikx said:

you might have to prepare yourselves for the fact that he may need to leave you and become an angel soon. Love him and let him live out his remaining time as comfortably as possible... he will let you know when he wants you to help him go to heaven with dignity and respect.

These are my thoughts as well.I do not believe in dogs living because WE want thm around . I prefer to have them live because THEY enjoy life. If they are not enjoying their life , then I will help them  to rest. 
Dear Chapi - you are doing your best  for him :love:  It's good you came asking for advice. take care. 

• Like 2