puppy sale contracts

Renae Modrow

Are puppy sale contracts that are signed by the breeder, buyer & witnessed legally binding in QLD?

Especially as the buyer was given the puppy prior to paying the puppy out in full. Paid $1000 out of a total $2500.

Then returned a perfectly healthy puppy after 1 night because it cried & kept them awake all night.

contract.docx

If I was the breeder of said puppy I'd be delighted to get puppy back and give the buyers their money back. To be honest I'm not sure what you are asking, not are you the buyer or seller. I'm guessing what is at stake is the clause about only giving back half the money paid, if that.

• Like 6

All our puppy contracts cover returning to us and what the refund procedure is .And no it’s not always the full amount depending on each case.

Like Rebanne we would very greatful to have the pup returned ASAP .

We have placed a puppy out to a previous owner who was amazing ,she had since suffered some unimaginable trauma and the pup caused her distress,panic and anxiety due to crying and was returned within 24 hrs .No one e pe Ted this outcome ,the lady was beyond embarrassed but they did the right thing bringing her back .

Both parties agreed to contract and breeder was brave placing out before full payment .

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 1

Hard one really , i'm sure a contract is a contract , and it will be covered ,, think if it was me though , i'd probaly sell the puppy again which i'm sure the breeder will do ,,  and sling them back 500 bucks ,  keeping 500 for them wasting my time and just being imbiceles , then i would be really REALLY GLAD   it happened and my puppy was'nt going to such an idiot ,,,  Thats like wanting kids , then putting your new born in the bin , because no one told you they cry and want feeding at night  Imbiceles

Very similar happened to me. 

Sold a pup to a home that sounded great. Daughter wanted to train her own dog, family were very experience with GSDs in Ob. and breeding but had no dogs currently. Mum offered her support. Pup was picked up one afternoon and I got a call early next morning asking to return. Pup got to her new home after a 3 hour car trip and refused to settle- Not crying, just wanted to play, all night. 

Daughter could not handle the sleepless nite and Mum said she was more than happy to help with training, but that did not extend to taking over in those situations. 

Pup was returned that day with a full refund. I was happy to give it knowing pup was safe, and buyers did the right thing in returning her. I was very proud watching them lead her up our long drive behaving so well and confidently on leash and treated it as a great socialization experience for her.

• Like 6