NSW dog on leash beaches?

Cotton

Hi everyone,

New dog owner in ACT and am very confused by dogs on beach rules. 

I've been scouring the internet and forums for hours finding what i thought would be readily available information, but to no avail.

Help needed urgently for road trip tomorrow. 

I'm taking the family down to a beach and we have a 3.5kg poodle-bichon mix puppy with us.

I would like to spend the day at the beach, swimming, lazying around in a beach tent and let kids play, in a beach near batemans bay area (20-30 mins north/south of batemans bay is fine). We don't want to go to off leash area since our puppy is small and i have small children that wants to play at the beach. 

I just want to go sit at a beach with my dog (on a leash), and i cant seem to figure out which beach i can do that. The information are all too scattered, where each webstie says something different, and i'm not sure if they are up-to-date. Is there a gov website I can go to to check each beach individually, or even better, a map of beach where dogs can go ON leash? 

off-leash information seems to be more readily available, but i don't intend to go to off leash dog beaches. Just specifically dogs on leash ones.

Please help needed, trip intended tomorrow, but no idea where i can go.

regards,

Cotton 

• Like 1