Throwing up kibble?

Pinkett86

Has anyone experienced there 5 month old throwing up solid kibble? My little guy for the last 2 days has been throwing up his kibble an hour after eating and having bouts of diarrhea but he isn't lethargic playing as usual? Should I be concerned?

Off to the vet :) most are really really busy at the moment but will take an urgent drop-off and fit them in when they can.

He'll most likely need some rehydration, some anti diarrhoea meds and an anti nausea shot.

In my non-vet opinion, it's not the food. It's a tummy bug. They love this humid weather. 

If you have another dog, don't let them drink from the same bowl.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pinkett86 said:

Currently on to my local webvet in the meantime do I just give him water? 

Not everyone has lecatade or oralade in the cupboard but if you do, that would be great. :) Otherwise, water. But if he starts guzzle and throw up water, advise your vet ASAP. 

Vet may advise, due to him playing and being normal otherwise - to just cook chicken & rice for him until everything settles. 

Always on a Sunday isn't it! 

I would just give small amounts of water so he can't guzzle. Most likely a tummy bug as Powerlegs said. If he's happy and playful I'd fast him for 24 hours ( just give water ) and then just some cooked chicken. I'm not a great believer in giving rice for an upset tummy. Of course if you are not happy with him it would be vet asap

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible the dog simply drinks too much water an hour after eating. When the kibble enters the stomach, it will expand. It might be a good idea to make the portion a bit smaller. I don't think you have to worry too much because if there was a serious issue, the puppy would refuse food and water. That's something most vets will ask about first. Just to be safe, call your vet and make sure your puppy is not in danger.