SA Border Collie story

Is this another case of RSPCA overkill or were the dogs really so mentally damaged they couldn't be rescued?

9 News Adelaide
A Border Collie breeder is standing trial, accused of damaging her dogs’ mental states so badly that some had to sadly be put down.
The RSPCA says she ignored repeated warnings to clean up her "faeces-ridden" property and provide adequate food and shelter.
  • 11 months later...
On 18/01/2022 at 10:35 AM, Papillon Kisses said:

There was not one but two highly skilled and experienced vet behaviourists involved in this case. No one should be thinking they know more than the actual professionals who were on the case. I am sick of people getting pitchforks out for behavioural euthanasia. No one wants to euthanise otherwise healthy dogs.

Kinda forgottn the other rescues successfully rehomed all the others that the rspca applied for leave to seize and destroy too?

Lucky for them their owner suspected they would be back and had them all gone before they got back eh?

there were videos of the rspca looking at the dogs, one with a towel in her hand and commenting that "the dog has short nails, a sign of distress"  considering the yard is concrete which wears down nails?  also its on video the pens did not have even one poo to be seen in them.

Having long nails could get the owner charged, first time I ever heard of nice short nails being used to kill the dogs on the ground of being a sign of mental distress?

I actually asked rspca nsw if this is now going to be another thing for dog owners to fear?  They refused to reply other than that the incident happened in SA and to address my question to rspca sa.

so much for  "faeces-ridden"  perhaps they haven't seen the videos?   There are still here on dogzonline in SA thread. Well certainly were last time I viewed it.

they may have only killed " some had to sadly be put down." they applied to the magistrate to have ALL ten put down and leave to seize all the other dogs from the owner and put them down.

That too is all in the thread here somewhere.

to have the other rescue save and rehome all the rest before the intending killers got there must have been at least a triumph for their owner and those rescues that saved them who also offered to rehome the ones rspca had not killed yet. last I heard they refused to hand them over .

anyone know if they were killed too?

Edited by asal
  • 3 months later...

was sent this today.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.aldridge.1232/videos/3033870310255918

Never ceases to amaze me how its perfectly fine for the rspca to send out "press releases"  to be published months to years before any court action against the "alleged" person and even named in many instances.

yet no other "alleged" offender is allowed to be tried by media in that fashion, let alone, named and shamed in the press?

To be honest, I wouldn't want Mark Aldridge anywhere near an RSPCA case acting for the defendant... he's a liability and a publicity seeker at best.

Yes, the RSPCA in all states needs to be looked into very closely by each state government, and at the very least have prosecutorial powers removed from the "service" they provide at the behest of those governments - as was done in WA.

The biggest problem with getting any changes made to how the RSPCA operates is the reluctance of those who have felt their full force to make any on record statements about how they were treated, as RSPCA are definitely not above enacting reprisals on those who speak publicly in any negative way about them. No-one who has been targetted by RSPCA want them coming around again...

T.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, tdierikx said:

To be honest, I wouldn't want Mark Aldridge anywhere near an RSPCA case acting for the defendant... he's a liability and a publicity seeker at best.

Yes, the RSPCA in all states needs to be looked into very closely by each state government, and at the very least have prosecutorial powers removed from the "service" they provide at the behest of those governments - as was done in WA.

The biggest problem with getting any changes made to how the RSPCA operates is the reluctance of those who have felt their full force to make any on record statements about how they were treated, as RSPCA are definitely not above enacting reprisals on those who speak publicly in any negative way about them. No-one who has been targetted by RSPCA want them coming around again...

T.

so true.

the submission by the murry grey stud I would have thought would have been enough to show just how vindictive they are and how totally they destroy lives of even the PROVEN INNOCENT............ yet the AJP initiated Parliamentary investigation, instead recommended more power be given to them instead?

There is something going on  that continues to make them a sacred cow to the government?

regardless how much these powers are abused.

Until that can be discovered and stopped things will only get worse

Edited by asal
2 minutes ago, Powerlegs said:

He's gotten in $100k worth of trouble before for gobbing off nonsense on FB.

Isn't it incredible how many people are simply not aware that we don't have any right of free speech in Australia? The USA is the only country that has it written into their constitution... no other country has that right bestowed upon all.

T.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 23/9/2023 at 12:17 AM, MeAndMyBC said:

Free speech for ya!

Wrong country for that.  Freedom of speech doesn’t exist here and freedom of expression isn’t freedom from consequences.