FOSTERING: The need is always there

My latest little foster is a severe neglect case, but once he is back in full coat he is going to be gorgeous, hence his new name: Dazzy, the Tibetan Spaniel.

@mita, @Wiz's Mum

His list of ailments is long but all are being steadily addressed and with medication and Malaseb baths already the coat he does have is starting to shine. 

Dazzy on arrival. N

7F3FF050-F80D-4D45-8B26-47B53AFB7894

Back from the vet. Cherry eyes fixed, desexed, dental, hernia repaired, biopsy taken of little mass at anus. This turns out to be an Adenoma and will be removed shortly.  

A0C472EE-CF93-4F29-8A0B-2C3AF75C7257

Settling in.   :laugh:  

E514F037-A615-475B-B11F-2A6AEA75733C

Well, what can you do?  The coffee table has long been a favourite of fosters over the years.  

F37E9035-117E-457A-A677-FF179057E50F

Dazzy has a meeting tomorrow with prospective adopters, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.  He won’t be ready to leave until his Adenoma surgery has been done, but, in the meantime, I have a really sweet, happy loving little dog keeping me on my toes.  

Edited by Loving my Oldies
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Loving my Oldies said:

in the meantime, I have a really sweet, happy loving little dog keeping me on my toes.  

..and you have already worked wonders! :love: he certainly looks settled in! LOL  The "Portrait of small Dog on Coffee Table"  is just delightful  :) Well Done yet again ! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Little Gifts said:

How did the meet and greet go?

If I say that Dazzy is now Ralphie will that answer your question :champagne: :champagne: :laugh:  :laugh: ?

In fact, I have just arrived home from delivering him to his new home.  Ralphie now has two (retired) daddies whose sole aim in life will be to make him happy.   

He will just love having two people to dote on him.  

• Like 9

Coming late to the celebration party for Ralphie!  And you deserve champers and chocs,  LMO.  You shepherded that little beauty out of serious neglect to a fantastic home with two doting dads.  Tibbie pet owners group picked up his story from DAP when he came in.  Whoever called him Bobby Dazzler then,  is a prophet because he became a bobby dazzler...large thanks to you.  He's an amazing looking Tibbie with the lovely tibbie nature let free!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mita, Bobby Dazzler came from Denise (DAP) who always asks her foster to name the dogs.  I was playing around with a few names because I could see how great he would look when his coat came back.  He has such a glorious white “bib”, so I finally came up with Dazzy and Denise said that we would advertise him as Bobby Dazzler.  It didn’t come to that because one of DAP’s foster carers knew of two men who’d recently lost their beloved dog.  She told them about Dazzy and that was that :heart:  :heart:

• Like 3

On 04/02/2022 at 6:56 PM, Loving my Oldies said:

@mita, Bobby Dazzler came from Denise (DAP) who always asks her foster to name the dogs.  I was playing around with a few names because I could see how great he would look when his coat came back.  He has such a glorious white “bib”, so I finally came up with Dazzy and Denise said that we would advertise him as Bobby Dazzler.

I hope you get to see Ralphie, the bobby dazzler, in a year, two years & three years ahead....at least in photos.   He looks fantastic now, but he's on his way to becoming a stunner.  A smart gentleman tibbie in his tuxedo.   His dads must be so proud of him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mita said:

I hope you get to see Ralphie, the bobby dazzler, in a year, two years & three years ahead.

I’m pretty sure I will, @mita.  In fact, I saw him  yesterday when I met him and his dads at our vets as he still had one small procedure (removal of an Adenoma) and already the huge patch of damaged skin and hair loss on his back is decreasing.  I was absolutely thrilled at his progress.  His dads are hilarious.  We had coffee after we had left Ralphie and I asked them whether there had been any other topic of conversation in their house in the last week.  They looked at each other and said, “No.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Loving my Oldies changed the title to FOSTERING: The need is always there

New little girl arrived yesterday, a surrender by a brave but broken hearted couple who realised they could not give her the life she needs and deserved.  There were copious tears.  

Little Winnie is a tiny little Mini Dachshund x Toy Poodle (turns 3 soon) with the glossiest black coat I have ever seen. Very timid with severe separation anxiety, she is a sweet little dog who clambered up onto my bed last night and slept in the crook of my arm.  Tsk tsk, I am sooooo bad.  

Here she is enjoying the front garden.  Mower man did not turn up on Friday and my mower Is kaput.  

3648A0EC-7A78-43F2-93FA-52805FD06CBC

• Like 5

4 hours ago, persephone said:

She is just beautiful  :love:  I hope you both slept well! :)

We did.  It was lovely having a little dog to cuddle on the bed.  Shala doesn’t like being on the bed and The Dirt Girls can’t get up and down on their own.  

56 minutes ago, ~Anne~ said:

Interesting cross. She’s looks very sweet. 

Yes.  Can’t see any Poodly curls, though. She is 4.8kgs, but I think she could put on a couple of hundred grams.  

OMG :rofl:  :rofl:, I am sitting in my garden and she has just started doing wild zoomies.  So wonderful to see.  

• Like 5

Aww, I would have loved to have seen her doing zoomies. :laugh:

Looking forward to reading her story as she heads towards her new home. Please keep the updates coming. I miss rescuing and through threads like this, I can enjoy it again in a small way.

Edited by ~Anne~

12 minutes ago, ~Anne~ said:

Aww, I would have loved to seen her doing zoomies. :laugh:

Looking forward to reading her story as she heads towards her new home. Please keep the updates coming. I miss rescuing and through threads like this, I can enjoy it again in a small way.

I miss them too and I miss posting about the little dogs who come and go.  Sadly, the stories are all gone because Troy doesn’t archive, just deletes, which is understandable.  

Did you see the story about Megs?  It was around about April last year and before you made a comeback :laugh:  :laugh:.  I’ll find the link.  

I will definitely try to get a video of her doing zoomies.  It was so unexpected and had put my iPad down.  

• Like 2

On 13/2/22 at 8:21 PM, Boronia said:

soooo very black :laugh:

You should see her IRL.  I was looking at her last night and the depth of colour is extraordinary as is the shininess of her coat.   She is such a sweet little dog … someone is going to be very lucky. 

• Like 4