Showing and Points.

Jobilee

Could someone please explain the points system to me.

I understand the basics, as in, the dog needs to be older than 6 months,  and you need a total of 100 points to earn the title of champion.

What I don't understand is how they accumulate. 

An example. 

This weekend gone, I won bitch challenge, then went on to win best of breed. 

The only other dog was a baby, so technically,  my bitch had no other competitors.

So, I was given a certificate for Best of Breed, with 6 points. 

My question is, should I have also received a certificate for challenge bitch with 6 points as well?

I'm a little confused here as, if I were only to win challenge bitch she would have received 6 points anyway,  but to go on to win BOB there are no further points than those awarded for challenge. 

Sorry for what might seem an extremely bad question. But as a newbie,  its very confusing,  and these points are very precious. 

no such thing as a stupid question

each male and female dog that win get challenge points, of course depending on how many other eligible dogs they were shown against. You are correct that if you are the only one you get 6 points.

Then the two challenge dogs go up against each other for BOB. If your bitch had beat a dog for BOB she would have got another point. If you are BOB all beaten dogs give you a point. If the male dog had beaten 10 other males to get the challenge your bitch also gets those points added to her BOB.

You don't get challenge plus BOB points if you are the only entrant, to increase your points you need to beat others. BOB outranks challenge. That's why you got a BOB card, not a challenge.

Not sure this is very clear, hopefully someone else comes along and gives a better explanation. But ask away if you have more questions.

And congratulations on your girls first points! They are precious.

• Like 3

Yes ... well done on those first points.  As @Rebannesays .. they are precious.   (Do make sure you keep your records and certificates safe and organised in a folder... it will save you time and stress later in her career :).)  And I hope you both enjoyed your experience.

• Like 2