What is the Purpose of the Limited Register?

YOLO

17 minutes ago, Papillon Kisses said:

I like to imagine a world where health data is taken into account at shows and given high priority. Example: you have whatever is deemed flashy at that point in time but your hip score is trash? Too bad, so sad, you can’t even enter the competition. 

I would like to see included with that, bitches that can only give birth via caesarian 

• Like 3

On 11/02/2022 at 8:16 PM, Deeds said:

So do pups on LR sell for the same price as pups on MR? 

I have purchased  a springer spaniel , a German Shepard , a staffy  and  a couple of rottys from reputable breeders  over the years ,, and in every single case  i have gone along looked at the litters and been told ,, that that and that one ,  are  top quality   and show dog potential ,  there x amount ,, and this this and this one are   healthy  but not show quality  there cheaper   all come with pedigrees , but  only them can be shown thats why there more money .

This i felt was fair , and  has i've said before  on posts , a couple of trhem the breeders actually stuffed up  because  my pet only dog turned out to be   great , i just did'nt want to be involved in showing dogs ,

Now though its different , i was looking for a dog and just kept getting told LR only  but   still the same price ,,  in the end  i got a rescue dog ,, worked out well cheaper by thousands , vacc , desexed , and micro chipped  all for $450  and he's  a great dog

But unfortunatly  the whole episode made me very very wary of breeders who claim to  want the best for the breed but realisticly there just protecting there income ,, like i've said  before  our council set rules regards breeding ,  who died and made  breeders town sherrif ,,, I actually do know my dogs  and too be honest looking for a shepard ,   most i seen were bad examples of the breed ,  just has well they were on LP because showing them would of only shown how bad a breeder the breeders actually were ... BUT the prices were show dog prices

17 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

I like to imagine a world where health data is taken into account at shows and given high priority. Example: you have whatever is deemed flashy at that point in time but your hip score is trash? Too bad, so sad, you can’t even enter the competition. 

Or a world in which pedigree dog deaths were recorded as well as births...so one could breed for longevity.

• Like 1