New political party in the process of being formed.

asal

Tracey, you’re smart enough to lead your own party. You know animal welfare from the ground up and you’re smart, pragmatic and highly intelligent. I know we all don’t want to lead, but people like you are the bones of political movements. When the time is right, you’ll be there making a difference. This one is definitely not right for you. 

• Thanks 1

You are very kind in your summation @~Anne~... now I'm blushing... lol!

I know I have a heck of a lot to learn about the political processes and how most effectively to enact change for the better... and/or head off bad legislation as it arises.

I seriously have a head for radio, but if the time and party were right, I'd happily stick up my hand to do whatever is needed... including running for a seat at whichever level would put my party in a position to achieve our goals... *dog help me*

T.

• Like 2

On 15/04/2022 at 12:26 PM, tdierikx said:

So far it looks like they are only looking at the Victorian State election that is coming up soonish.

I kinda got a bit put off by the fact that when I sent a message to one of the party founders to ask a question very early in the formation of this party, I am still waiting for any response whatsoever - 4 weeks later. I have also tried to post a couple of topic starters which have been quashed by the admins without any reason or response. I'm not about to join a party that doesn't seem to want my input or discourse, even if it's free to join at this stage of things.

Right now, I'm not as enthusiastic about this party as I was at the outset... the more time passes, the less is becoming apparent as to their actual agenda, ability to follow through, and who the heck is running things.

I've joined Animal Care Australia, a seasoned lobby group that definitely more aligns with my stance. They don't run for public office, just stay abreast of upcoming animal related legislation and make sure to make sensible submissions on said legislation, including attendance at all inquiries and committee hearings regarding animal legislation. Much more effective methinks...

T.

very dissappointing