Karelian bear dog breeders

Curious

Hi im new i just joined sorry if this is in wrong thread topic.

I came across an add for karelian bear dog puppies on gumtree. Add said there the only breeders in australia. I wanted to find out more but on dogzonline registered breeders it came up with a different person in different state. Ive done alot of research on this breed and very interested in a puppy but im not sure if its a scam or not.

Why would a breeder of a very rare breed in australia claiming to be the only breeder advertise on gumtree but not on here? 

Something dosnt feel right and i dont want to get my hopes up if its not legitimate.

6 hours ago, Curious said:

Hi im new i just joined sorry if this is in wrong thread topic.

I came across an add for karelian bear dog puppies on gumtree. Add said there the only breeders in australia. I wanted to find out more but on dogzonline registered breeders it came up with a different person in different state. Ive done alot of research on this breed and very interested in a puppy but im not sure if its a scam or not.

Why would a breeder of a very rare breed in australia claiming to be the only breeder advertise on gumtree but not on here? 

Something dosnt feel right and i dont want to get my hopes up if its not legitimate.

Ask them what state body of the ANKC are they registered with & what is theeir breeders registration number & then check it out with the relevent Sate, ie in this state it would be Dogs NSW.  I am always a bit scepticle of puppies being advertised on places like Gumtree

ETA...I just checked out Dogzonline & there is only one breeder listed & they are in Perth

Edited by sheena
  • Like 1

I am certainly no super slueth, so highly recommend ringing the NSW governing body, but I did find this information which backs up that the information is correct (but not that the advert is legitimate.  Not saying it isn't - but I have seen some incredibly sophisticated scams, so I independently check information as a rule)

https://www.myras.com.au/res/Results/ResultsSearch2.aspx?SY=2021&SN=35&EN=All Exhibitors&TN=All Towns&BR=KARELIAN BEAR DOG&PC1=&PC2=&CL1=&CL2=&EI=1&OR=1&CT=ALL&Type=9

(the website linked to the advert included that they won BOB at Sydney Royal

info 2.JPG

info.JPG

The dog in Perth is from the people on gumtree who are the only breeders at present .

Many awesome breeders advertise on gumtree and nothing wrong with that at all ,it’s just another platform for selling where the public look .

Gumtree is where Joe public often look first dogs not DOL .

Not that long ago before DOL existed you advertised pups in the Weekend paper ,gumtree,the quokka .

DOL doesn’t guarantee there any better all platforms require people to buy smart .

• Like 5

@Curious the original importer of KBDs lives in NSW -- Cris and Jenny Whitney of Mackerly Karelian Bear Dogs -- and according to their website Mackerly Karelian Bear Dogs they've just had a litter born 22/02/2022.

If you're interested in the breed, please reach out and if you're in the Sydney area, you might be able to head to some shows and meet in person.

Edited by Princess Fru Fru
  • Like 2