Is There Any Advantage in Having A Pedigree Listed On The Limited Register

On 21/3/2022 at 8:21 PM, Podgus said:

I’m grumpy as heck that I can’t do earth dogs or lure coursing with my new dog because he’d be on associate register but entire. The ANKC lose out on a lot from this. 

You cannot register a dog on the Associate Register without proof of desexing. 

Edited by Salukifan

Yes, a Limited Register dog still has pedigree papers.  They provide proof of parentage. 

It can compete in breed specific dog sports.

It can be upgraded to Main Register (with breeder permission) and transferred to Neuter if you want to try showing. 

Edited by Salukifan

On 29/3/2022 at 5:02 PM, Deeds said:

Does the breeder charge extra to change to MR from LR if the purchaser bought pet only and didn't pay for show quality in the first place.

As the owner, you pay. 

It's going to be different for everyone. I breed working line dogs which can't be shown so MR is only useful if they are going to be bred. All my pups are sold on LR with the understanding that if the dog turns out well I am more than happy to upgrade to MR. The vast majority of my pups are NOT desexed and I catch up with nearly all the owners regularly - if not in person, then at least via FB/phone. And why LR? Because the people who just want a breeding machine and not a companion don't bother replying to my emails.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For truly responsible breeders there is far more than just having puppies! We delve deeply into bloodlines, test for any undesirable traits  or possible hidden diseases that may affect the pups from either parent.  Ensuring that we don’t inbreed .  The entire practice is to improve the breed . Only the very best are full pedigree for showing and future breeding .  Breeders say no to selling a pup more often than yes to ensure the best homes. Especially where they have lines of grand or supreme champions. Imagine someone not doing their research , breeding to a poorer quality  bitch or dog  just so they have a litter and putting years of dedicated work down the drain !   Dedicated breeders do  not breed  Commercially ,indiscriminately or for  profit .  Remember it’s about the pups well-being not yours . If You feel it’s not right wait for the perfect pup for you. If you are serious that can take years ! 

On 26/03/2022 at 7:36 PM, Dogsfevr said:

The RSPCA and local councils have been using many means for many years .

,State body advertising in breeders directory,Royal Show catalogues have/had address details ,local paper for sale ads when that was the main means,gumtree and now even more easier facebook .

You name it they use it .

For many just heading to a dogshow and seeing all the ad details sign written .

Nothing is really a secret anymore and I’m pretty sure Dogs NSW no longer list litters due to this fact .

Actually ankc magazine stopped listing breeders address's because police found an ankc magazine with the litters to be stolen,  with rings around them.   the driver was caught with cages in the back with either the stolen puppies or puppies and mum. and a tick beside the ringed breeders address for the ones already taken. along with empty carry cages for the next to  be cased

that would have been over 30 years ago now?

Edited by asal