Leptospirosis Vaccine For Dogs

Deeds

Has anyone had or heard of adverse side effects from the Leptospirosis vaccine.  Apparently there is an L2 vaccine, an L3 and L4 vaccine.  I have read that the L4 vaccine has caused side effects in the UK.

Lepto 2 covers 2 Serovars & Lepto 4 covers 4 Serovars.  Lepto 3 is not available in the UK apparently.  Apparently the vaccine does not prevent dogs from getting Leptospirosis and is meant to lessen the severity of the disease.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this vaccine.

I will ask my vet at my next consult but would appreciate any further info Dolers may have in relation to the vaccine and the disease.

Overseas vaccines are different to Australian ones so yes, talk to your vet is the best option.  I had my 12 week old pup vaccinated with it without any problems as it was in the area at the time, I lived near bush and saw rats often, and puppies are always picking up things.

Its a vaccine side effects can happen ,how bad or not at all is how long is a piece off string question.

Most dont vaccinate for it unless its a high risk situation or required .

Depends if your talking about the vaccine here or overseas 

On 06/05/2022 at 8:56 AM, Deeds said:

Do they use the L2 vaccine here or the L4?

As Rebanne said phone the vet many dont stock Lepto vaccine anyway ,it ise to be given as part of C7 in the past but times change as do the products ,no different to the various options for parvo etc .
I also believe the vaccine covers certain areas so are different 

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 1