What to give to chewy puppy?

kmit

My 8-month-old cavalier pup likes chewing on things, but mostly things that I don't want him to chew on. Chair and table legs, skirting boards, sticks and pieces of wood, cardboard, strappy plant leaves (nothing poisonous). He seems to want things that will give way and gradually disintegrate, rather than rubber or rope chew toys that don't give way. I'm afraid that he's going to either seriously damage my furniture or swallow something damaging.

I would love some suggestions for things that I can give him to chew on that will keep him occupied for reasonable periods of time.

Sounds like your pup gets jollies from ripping and teating.  If so, mere chewing probably won't satisfy.   Problems from cardboard are rare...I've never heard of one.  So let him have cardboard.   Sticks with bark aren't bad if large enough that he can't get them stuck, although they are harder to clean up after.  In my experience,  the more dangerous stuff is filling from stuffies, corn cobs, and things that splinter.

• Like 2

Save your toilet rolls and fold them in half and stick them in another one. Could even smear a bit of peanut in the middle so he gets the idea. A whole apple,core it and stuff the middle with some dry food and peanut butter and freeze. Can he have a large raw bone? A marrow bone sawn in half lengthwise.

Put vicks vapour rub on your furniture.

• Like 2