Air dried rabbit ears

Im looking for something other than carrots for the puppy to chew (no bones). I have seen air dried rabbit ears in the grocery store and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these? A good option or bad one? 

I have pet house rabbits and the puppy gets along great with them, would air dried rabbit ears make my little lop bunnies too appealing to start chewing on? 

My dogs LOVE the rabbit ears :) I buy them a lot .They are more crunchy rather than chewy for big dogs , but for a puppy they'd be fine , being dried and non living they would not be associated with your furry friends (do you have photos of pup and bunnies together :love: ? )

Ah Greenies! Thanks @Deeds for the reminder, I do have a bag of them. Shes funny with greenies, dances with them and then carries them around, burying them under couch cushions for two days before she eats them. 

Great info thanks @persephone I was a bit worried they might be like chewy rawhide so its good to know they are crunchy.

I think I will give them a go next time I see them in store. I did a bit of reading last night after the post and they seem to be ok for toy size dogs. Shes ten months old now so not a baby puppy anymore but still small. 

I have about a billion photos but not many good ones. I've never thought to get them all to pose together but I should for a family photo! My photos are getting a "too large" notification when I try to post.

Edited by WanaHavanese

Maybe it’s just me but I’m more concerned about how the rabbits would feel with the smell of dead rabbit in the house. :shrug: 

For Malcolm (~4kg chi terrier mix) I liked dried mackerel tails. They were just the right size to be a long lasting chew without being so big that he got overwhelmed and cached them instead. 

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 4:11 PM, Papillon Kisses said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’m more concerned about how the rabbits would feel with the smell of dead rabbit in the house. :shrug: 

For Malcolm (~4kg chi terrier mix) I liked dried mackerel tails. They were just the right size to be a long lasting chew without being so big that he got overwhelmed and cached them instead. 

Oh good point! I didnt think of that. We live rural so occasionally there is a waft of dead rabbit in the air.  The buns tend to sleep all day, oblivious to the world until sunset when they want to play. The girl bun would definitely be horrified, but the boy bun would probably try to steal some. He stole bacon off my plate and hid under the couch with it once, so if we're talking bad farts, that one was right up there with the best of them! He also tried to get into the puppies snuffle mat and treat ball for dog biscuits. I've had to rearrange the spaces with fences to stop the bunnies finding dog biscuits! 

Im going to look out for mackerel tails too now :) thanks for that suggestion. She just tried sardines this week and they were a hit. There were no air dried rabbit ears at the shops today anyway. 

Found a photo to fit! Not the best but the most recent. This was from yesterday, all of them eating their carrots. The fence is to stop the bunnies from stealing the puppies food! 

received_1383674848794021.jpeg

• Like 5