What dry dog food are people using?

The dry dog foods I've been buying are either really hard to get, discontinued or have had formula changes! I've been walking around Petbarn and Petstock like a little lost soul trying to work out what to buy. Feeling very jaded too with so many companies selling out. 

So what are you feeding now? 

I have been feeding the top of the range from Supercoat for the past 12 months.  There are two, True Origin Fish & True Origin Chicken & I alternate the two.  It is about $39 for a 7 kilo bag, but I buy it when it is on special & stock up.  Woolies sell it, so it is easy to get.  My dogs love it & they are both looking good.  They also get frozen pilchards, chicken drumsticks & raw eggs

• Like 2

I feed supermarket brands. Farmers Market, Supercoat, just bought a new one Elevate, Nature's Gift. I've fed Cobberdog from the rural store as well.  I'd say it makes up about 1/3 of their diet if that.

• Like 1

I feed royal canin and advance, just what the breeder and vet recommended. If its not in store, I order online and if its not online (yet to happen), the vet stocks it. I tried black hawk but it made the puppy spew so Im sticking with what works for now. Goodluck! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feed such a variety including fresh, raw, and BARF. Recently Acana to keep costs down a little (two dogs) as can't really afford Orijen. We've also been feeding Ziwipeak as part of the diet but just going to try the new Eureka food which is Australian and looks amazing.

I always check pet food reviews as my pet food bible. Such insightful information and gone are the days my dogs had itchy skin and other issues (won't name the brand we used to use, but it's mentioned by someone above.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2022 at 12:24 AM, batgirlbc said:

I always check pet food reviews as my pet food bible. Such insightful information and gone are the days my dogs had itchy skin and other issues (won't name the brand we used to use, but it's mentioned by someone above.)

If I followed the advice on that website one of my dogs would be dead! That guy has no qualifications and it is really just a blog with his views. He used to post on here, dunno if he still does. Funny how you can make a blog/website to look so official. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, JulesP said:

If I followed the advice on that website one of my dogs would be dead! That guy has no qualifications and it is really just a blog with his views. He used to post on here, dunno if he still does. Funny how you can make a blog/website to look so official. 

I always wondered what the credentials were of the owner of that site.  

I've been feeding my two Frontier Pets until I realised that the content is 31% fat!  My raw feeding diet friend says, oh bit it is good fat, but to me it is still a lot of fat!

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/8/2022 at 8:28 AM, JulesP said:

It’s right there on the about page :shrug: 

81526EA7-7C45-41E0-B45E-F71985974D30.jpeg

• Haha 1