Dog Attacks Horse In Centennial Park Sydney-

Deeds

I’m glad the horse defended itself but I noticed a very stupid error. The horse that was attacked was a bay, but the horse the owner is laying on top of is a chestnut. Both apparently called Lunar!  Maybe to save him from forgetting his horses names he just calls them all Lunar. 

I used to ride at a school as a kid that just renamed the new horse whatever the horse it replaced was called :laugh: 

Crazy that the attack was caught on video and all the owner got was a $330 fine. I wonder if maybe laws should require a control and containment class after an event like this. If this dog was so fixated on taking down a horse, what chance does a child or even another dog have? Muzzles are great tools and so many different types are available now. This dog should absolutely have one on in public, especially if the owner cant control it. 

Awful experience but glad the horse and rider are ok. And how good was that horse not to bolt right out of there. Whats the bet the dogs owner didnt take it to the vet after it was kicked in the head to get checked out either :scold:

2 hours ago, WanaHavanese said:

I wonder if maybe laws should require a control and containment class after an event like this. If this dog was so fixated on taking down a horse, what chance does a child or even another dog have? Muzzles are great tools and so many different types are available now. This dog should absolutely have one on in public, especially if the owner cant control it. 

They’ll likely be hit with a Dangerous or Menacing Dog Order. These orders include stipulations such as having to be on leash, muzzled and wearing a dangerous dog collar if outside the property, only being handled by adults, not transferring ownership, not moving without advising council, and in the case of Dangerous Dog Orders they also need a special outdoor enclosure. https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/public/dogs-cats/responsible-pet-ownership/declared-dangerous-and-menacing-dogs/

• Like 1

The idiot owner got fined $330.  The owner is apparently a"Celebrity TV Star" whatever that is.  I always think idiot people usually have idiot dogs because they don't bother to discipline or train their dogs.

And horrible people usually have horrible dogs.  It's called projection.

weird?

the owner gave no details and ran off?

so how on earth can u fine someone if you have no idea who they are?

obviously the horse owner has 3 horses and wanted the world to see all 3 of them 

15 hours ago, Kirislin said:

I’m glad the horse defended itself but I noticed a very stupid error. The horse that was attacked was a bay, but the horse the owner is laying on top of is a chestnut. Both apparently called Lunar!  Maybe to save him from forgetting his horses names he just calls them all Lunar. 

Both look like bays to me.  The one on the beach is a different horse...that one is a chestnut

Here is a bit more about the dog and owner. States dog is a rescue (like he couldn't have known everything about it) yet has it out and about unleashed? Dumb. And I get he immediately left with the dog but if he had've had a leash on him the dog could have been secured away from the horse and he could've returned quickly to welfare check the horse and give details to the owner rather than meet with park management several days later.

Another reason why parks and dog parks are so unsafe - stupid owners doing stupid things.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/surprise-owner-of-bulldog-that-attacked-horse-revealed-as-reality-tv-star/news-story/0b97d822812d2f671c6815eac7e8985d

• Sad 1

That horse was very calm at first as was the owner.  So grateful that no person or animal was injured.  My friend that walks Centennial Park most days says this is a regular occurrence.  Hopefully something will be done to up patrols now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sheena said:

Both look like bays to me.  The one on the beach is a different horse...that one is a chestnut

Luna in the video is wearing white pastern boots. and next photo are bay with no white feet.

Luna in the second photo is a chestnut with one white sock and narrow star and short strip

Luna in the third photo is a chestnut with blaze face right to the nose and three white legs.   

so there is Luna 1  Luna 2 and Luna 3   

Edited by asal
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 9:59 AM, sheena said:

The last photo  in the article shows a man lying on a chestnut horse but it says it’s Lunar. Unless he just calls all the horse he has Lunar then it’s the wrong horse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kirislin said:

The last photo  in the article shows a man lying on a chestnut horse but it says it’s Lunar. Unless he just calls all the horse he has Lunar then it’s the wrong horse.

Very strange.  I have grown up with horses all my life (70yrs) & never seen a chestnut that colour before.  Maybe it is the colour that comes out on my computer screen as being not chestnut

Yikes - that footage was both interesting and confronting  (interesting as in these types of things are rarely captured on film).

My takeouts were:

• Twat of a dog owner - can't even start to list how stupid, irresponsible and *&*^ he is.   
  • Damn good horse.  So calm at the beginning and even when the dog got to him and was between his legs he was still so well behaved (not pulling back etc)
  • Horse in the video is different to the one the guy was laying on (bay V chestnut, different markings etc) - I am guessing the story was mixed up somehow 
  • Wonderful how many people were actively trying to catch the dog, great community spirit as having a snapping dog and flying hooves can be confronting
  • The dog was seriously determined.  There was no 'playing' involved, it was serious in its intent.

That is one dog who should never be allowed around stock ever.   I fear that even if leashed next time it could be repeated - either the lead will break or it will simply pull away/be too strong (anyone dumb enough to take a dog the dog off leash to start with will either put a cheap and nasty lead/collar on or hold it with 2 fingers :banghead:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, sheena said:

Very strange.  I have grown up with horses all my life (70yrs) & never seen a chestnut that colour before.  Maybe it is the colour that comes out on my computer screen as being not chestnut

The horse laying down in the last photo is a chestnut colour with the same colour mane.  It doesn’t have a black mane.  

Doesn't matter about the horse's colour, journalist probably just asked for a handful of photos and picked the ones that fitted the alloted page/column space best.  Just an example of you can never believe what you read in the papers (or news internet).

Edit/delete.

Edited by PossumCorner
fixt
  • Like 5