Ollie - Final Results

Hi all,

Just a quick question as I am worried about the little fella (staffy)...

He has been inside all morning (except for our walk earlier) and I just went in to let him out and there is drool all over the floor and dripping from one side of his mouth. Tummy tightens up if I press it and tail is tucked under (but waggy when I speak to him)...

I am a panic merchant when it comes to him and race him to the vet, I am trying to stop this and was wondering how long should I wait with these symptoms before racing to the vet???

Thanks in advance

Edited by Staffyluv

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am panic merchant Inc! I'd be off to the vet now.

My philosohpy is that its better to look a little foolish ( like when I took my Lucinda to the vet after finding another lump on her chest, she has mast cell tumour. It was a nipple which had moved due to her prior surgery) than to have your vet fighting an uphill battle because you waited too long.

Sorry did not wait for replies...

Just got back from the vet. We have to wait for the blood work to come back tomorrow. But the urine test had lots of red blood cells and was very concentrated...

My poor little vegemite is resting on the lounge and we will go back tomorrow and get the results of the blood work...

The vet did not give any indication of what she thought at all - now I will worry all day and night until I know what is going on...

Thanks for the replies.

Jodie

Take a deep deep breath and now let it out!

You have done everything you can for the time being. ( i know easier said than done)

Will be keeping the young fella in my prayers for a simple and sraight forward diagnoses and rapid cure.

Is it possible that he ate something when he was out for his walk? My dogs pick up all sorts of things when they're off running and I don't like it at all, but I don't know how to stop it other than keeping them on leashes. As they're a running breed this would be very unfair.

I really hope that your dog is ok.

He does not eat anything at the park, he is on leash and we walk all the time we are out...

I actually thought of a bait as he picked up something a while back in our back yard (long story)...

I am just praying it is a simple infection that can be cleared up with some antibiotics...

Thanks all

Jodie

Can't sleep... So I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas as to what his symptoms were...

Thanks for the replies and kind thoughts...

Ollie is tucked up in bed with his dad at the moment, snoring!

I have to go back to the vet at lunch time today to get the results of his blood work, I will let you all know how we get on when I come home...

Cheers

Jodie

Hi all,

Vet called this morning and wanted me to take the little fella in.

Blood work did not show anything (which must be good, right?). So now he is at the vets having some further tests:

Sterile urine test (I think they use a catheta (sp?))

Abdominal xray to see if they can see any blockages/growths...

The urine sample that I took with me this morning had more blood in it, so I guess that is why they wanted to keep him there???

Vet said they will call when they have some news :rolleyes:

I am so sad without my shadow today...

Thanks for asking everyone.

Jodie

Just picked Ollie up from the vet...

Xrays were clear, bladder and all the other inside bits looked fine :rolleyes:

Urine still has lots of blood in it and they are sending it away to be tested. Will let me know Monday :cry:

So I guess we sit and wait again

All his symptoms:

Drooling - possibly from nausea

Gulping his water - then vomiting it back

Blood in urine - this is really visible, it looks like tea without milk

Sore tummy when the vet presses it

He does not have a temperature - which is why the vet thinks it may not be a bladder infection

Anyone ever heard of these symptoms together???

Thanks

Jodie

Wow that's terrible.

And scary! I remember waiting for the vet call about my dog and i missed the call and on the machine she said she wanted to talk to me about his blood- scared the crap out of me.

So i know how you feel, yours must be much worse, though. I hope he's ok...

ps- does he walk wobbly at all?

Edited by rockstar

Antibiotics were started yesterday, just in case it is an infection... Still no temperature and lots of blood in the wee agian this morning...

Fingers crossed that is all it is... He is off his tucker, so he must be feeling bad... But still wants to go for a walk...

He is sleeping again (been sleeping heaps) at the moment...

Thanks heaps all,

Jodie