Karen Pryor Clicker Training Seminar

Hi guys, this post is to see if i can get the numbers together for a Karen Pryor Clicker training seminar here in Australia..

IF i can get the numbers together they are willing to send two (possibly 3) clicker training faculties from USA to Australia and hold a number of seminars (depending on numbers) around Australia..

the seminars may include;

An overview of clicker training

Maximizing the power of rewards

Introduction to foundation skills, such as:

Attention and basic obedience cues

Leave it

Go settle on a mat

Loose leash walking

Polishing behaviors to a fluent level

Adding distractions, duration, and distance

Build on foundation skills with fun tricks, such as:

Touch

Take a bow

Hide your nose

Back up

Cross your paws

Find the treat

Crawl

A variety of advanced tricks will be covered, including skills centered on carrying objects:

Cleaning up toys or throwing away garbage

Carrying objects to another person

Games like ring toss or horse shoes

Limp and leg-lift

Two-dog tricks, including the “biscuit toss”

Turning lights on/off (various approaches and equipment)

Scent discrimination (human and other scents)

Games for teaching the basics of Search & Rescue

Tricks that incorporate props

Topics include:

Lateral thinking/analyzing difficult skills and finding a variety of training solutions

Behavior chains, and breaking up skills into small steps

Working at a distance from your dog

Fluency

Tricks for TV/film/print work

How to use tricks to solve behavioral problems

Using tricks in your classes

Click to Calm : Healing the Aggressive Dog workshop.

brilliant experiences, offering you help with your reactive or aggressive dog. In two day learning session; you will practice proven recipes to:

Desensitize your dog to approaching stranger dogs

Allow you to grab your dog's collar without him snapping

Have your dog perform canine calming signals, instead of aggressive displays, on cue

Have your dog turn and give you eye contact whenever another dog approaches, or you tighten on the leash

Use your own body language when under stress as a cue for your dog to remain calm

And many more creative and effective uses of managing behavior through clicker training

this is just a breif overview of the types of things that will be covered in seminars, however they may change seminars to suit..

The costs are not finalised, and we will try and keep the prices as low as possible depending on numbers, clickers, books and training videos and other merchandise will be available at seminars as well..

they will be hands on and people are asked to bring their dogs..

I do not know when or what time of the year the seminars will be either..

if i can get a rough idea of numbers so i can get back to Karen Pryor with numbers and things can get finalised from there..

thanks

Karen

Edited by Axel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once i get confirmation on a few things from Karen Pryor it will be advertised on the internet, through certain dog training clubs, and rescue orgs (am looking into trying to possibly absorb the costs of the seminar for rescue organisations to come) and the canine journal.. posters and flyers are another possibilty..'

there will be seminars in each state...

I have asked for one seminar to be put aside for clicker training in the ring (for showdogs/breeders), and one for accredited dog trainers here.

I'll be able to put up some flyers at my big petshop...they even have a handful of KP's clickers available :thumbsup:

Some of the staff from the petshop would probably also like to attend...

Edited by KitKat

I would definitely attend a seminar in or around the ACT.

Tuggeranong Dog Training Club is the only one I know in the area who pride themselves on clicker training, so I imagine they'd be keen to attend such a seminar, too.

Wow, what an opportunity!!!

It will make a nice change from the physics seminars I usually go to :thumbsup:

Would she come to Hobart?

Karen Pryor cannot attend, she said she will send 2 or possibly 3 (depending on numbers) of her faculties to hold the seminars.. sorry, i shhould have made it more clearer in my first post..

the trainers that will be comming work for Karen Pryor and often talk and train at seminars Karen holds...

the seminars will be in every state, the actual cities will depend on numbers

If they are willing to come to hobart then I will of course be interested in attending. How many people approx will it require to make it worthwhile for them to come? If you could give an idea on this I could try and find some extra numbers.