Karen Pryor Clicker Training Seminar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see more people interested..

I have a rough schedule for the seminars, which is subject to my editing, so i am hoping by posting them here i can get some ideas if this is workable or not!

each state will have a weekend of seminars..

Melbourne and Sydney will have weekend and mid week seminars.

Saturday; introductory bow wow seminar which includes;

An overview of clicker training

Maximizing the power of rewards

Introduction to foundation skills, such as:

Attention and basic obedience cues

Leave it

Go settle on a mat

Loose leash walking

Polishing behaviors to a fluent level

Adding distractions, duration, and distance

Build on foundation skills with fun tricks, such as:

Touch

Take a bow

Hide your nose

Back up

Cross your paws

Find the treat

Crawl

Sundays will be

Click to Calm : Healing the Aggressive Dog workshop.

brilliant experiences, offering you help with your reactive or aggressive dog. In two day learning session; you will practice proven recipes to:

Desensitize your dog to approaching stranger dogs

Allow you to grab your dog's collar without him snapping

Have your dog perform canine calming signals, instead of aggressive displays, on cue

Have your dog turn and give you eye contact whenever another dog approaches, or you tighten on the leash

Use your own body language when under stress as a cue for your dog to remain calm

And many more creative and effective uses of managing behavior through clicker training

Sydney and Melbourne will have advanced training seminars for accredited dog trainers and rescue organisations.

which would include

Lateral thinking/analyzing difficult skills and finding a variety of training solutions

Behavior chains, and breaking up skills into small steps

Working at a distance from your dog

Fluency

Tricks for TV/film/print work

How to use tricks to solve behavioral problems

Using tricks in your classes

I am working on also possibly have 1 seminar in melbourne and one in Sydney on clicker training in the ring, for exhibitors of show animals.

the seminars will be for 50 people on each day and there is no obligation to go to both days, you can go to both or just one, depending on what interests you.

anyone have any other suggestions or comments??

costs have not been discussed yet and i should know mid to late July of costs, as soon as i know this i will do a basic advertisement and disseminate accordingly to see how many numbers i get.

thanks

Karen

all sounds good just a quick Q is it a classroom seminar (i assume so) or workshop with dog? just curious obviously more use with dog there but difficult to organise....

yep and def agree to advertise that KP wont be present - prevents misleading people

Guest Kelpiei
Sydney and Melbourne will have advanced training seminars for accredited dog trainers and rescue organisations.

Hi, just wondering what you mean by "accredited"? By which organisation would the trainers need to be accredited by? :mad

Guest Tess32

Hi, just wondering what you mean by "accredited"? By which organisation would the trainers need to be accredited by? :mad

Yes, can't the rest of us go to that, as it sounds like it'd benefit anyone?

Nat