Karen Pryor Clicker Training Seminar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you schedule a visit to Canberra in the program. I doubt there will be any problem filling a seminar here. Contact me if you dont already have a contact here and I will put you on to the people you need to talk to. Venue will be no problem.

Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, WA, QLD, TAS are the states i have given them to base their itinery on, however they are only looking at coming to Aus for 4-5 weeks at most. which makes it hard when the seminars will be held over weekends. So depending on how many numbers in each state, 1 or 2 states will have to have their seminars mid week. The longer they stay here the more money it will cost to attend the seminars, its hard to try and please everyone with prices and places. Which unfortunatley means people miss out or travel with some seminars if they wish to attend.

the reason i say 'accredited trainers' is because that is what they said in their email about that seminar, however i will speak again with Aaron (CEO of KPCT) and ask him if there is a way of lifting that. I understand what you are saying about already being at a certain level with your clicker training and wanting to go to the advanced seminar.

Thanks espinay2, i will be in contact re; venue as i dont have a contact in any other states other than NSW. so i will need contacts in the other states..

I am going to contact DELTA and see if they can help with the organising in Melb..

There will be no profit made from the seminars (which will keep the cost of attending to a minimum) and if there ends up being money left over it will be donated to rescue orgs. I am not organising this for money, only for the knowledge!

all sounds good just a quick Q is it a classroom seminar (i assume so) or workshop with dog? just curious obviously more use with dog there but difficult to organise....

I am lead to believe it is more like a workshop, dogs included! (will clarify 100%)

Is she also coming to Brisbane?

the QLD one may be in Bris, depends on where i can get a venue.

Rescue orgs are invited to come along and organise a sausage sizzle or the like for lunch to raise funds at any of these seminars..

thanks for the input/questions guys.. will forward them on to Aaron..

:) Karen

The SouthBank Convention Centre in Brisbane might be worth checking as a venue...they hold the Pet and Animal Expo there. Also the Ekka grounds might be worth looking into...but i'm not sure you you'd need to talk to about making use of them.

Showgrounds in Vic would be ideal - if you could get them. KCC park can be hired out but you would need to make sure it didnt clash with any other events they have on there.

What about Myuna farm in Doveton - the shed is fairly small but nonetheless a relaxed atmosphere

OH I REALLY HOPE IT COMES TO BRISSY!!!!!!

Sounds fantastic. I am really keen on click to calm - I don't own an aggressive dog (hehe I cant even imagine Kaden being grumpy!) but I really need to learn how to deal with aggressive dogs.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, the GM who is helping to organise this from Karen Pryor has gone on a 2 week holiday so am waiting for him to get back before i can get anymore info on this!

Karen