"spitting Rewards"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Not sure if this has been suggested in this thread or perhaps other threads?? I have suggested to owners of small/short dogs who find it hard to bend over or the dogs cannot readily catch the food b/c of height challenges etc, that they prop their dogs up onto a table of some sort to start with and practice either the food catching or hand food rewards for focus as they "heel" their dogs on the table. Once the dog gets the general idea, they can start placing the dog on a lower height table unil they can finally do it by walking on the ground.

This is pretty much a "baby step" approach for those dedicated to the cause :cry:

:cry: Let's hope the handlers can "wean off" the use of the table faster than they might try to wean off things such as head collars! :) Don't get me wrong, Kelpie-i - good suggestion ... I just get this vision of dog handlers bringing their tables with them to class for their heeling and spitting exercises! :(

:( You're not going to practice your spitting aim in October, are you??? :)

ETA: Sorry for the temporarily hi-jacking the thread!

Edited by Erny

LOL Erny

I wouldn't suggest handlers take tables to class, that would be silly. It's merely a practice method they do at home and it's tried and tested.

You're not going to practice your spitting aim in October, are you???

Only if I see Hugh Wirthless there :cry:

LOL Erny

I wouldn't suggest handlers take tables to class, that would be silly. It's merely a practice method they do at home and it's tried and tested.

You're not going to practice your spitting aim in October, are you???

Only if I see Hugh Wirthless there :cry:

:( Sorry Kelpie-i ..... I was only joking (sorry .. sic humour). I knew it was only practice at home to get it all started, stuff.

:(:) HW? :eek: I think I'll start practicing my spitting too!!! :)