Calling Golden Retriever Experts

No don't shave him golden retrievers meant to have long hair i have seen plenty around my area shaved and they look like labs gone wrong everytime i see them i keep saying to myself if you don't want the golden with long hair just get a labrador.I love seeing golden retrievers with long hair.Now with the ticks the vet remended me to put frontline on my golden retriever every 2 weeks.Also brushing everyday to every second day and while brushing check for ticks.I find they mostly hide around the ears,in the ears,in the mouth,under the arm pits,neck,anus,and also check the body matter of fact i check every part of my golden retriever.Here is a couple of pictures of Einstein my golden retriever.

100_1009.jpg

100_1033.jpg

Thanks Calzen - it would be good to attend that workshop - we're only down at Helensburgh (about an hour from Sydney) and it would be good to get some pointers!!

love the pics everyone!! they are lovely, happy, fluffy beasties aren't they? Ted seems to be happy all the time. even when you are telling him off for something!!! :rolleyes:

He is the parade king of the house and is actually quite protective - is that normal

for the breed? He guards Nina (our lab cross), even though she is older and louder, he'll put himself between her and anything he sees as a threat to her, it's quite interesting to watch the fluffy marshmallow turn into the roaring lion.

• 3 months later...

I just had to update to add that we didn't clip or shave any part of Ted as a result of eveyrone's feedback but yesterday I saw my first fully clipped Golden Retriever walking down the street! :worship:

while I wasn't intending to clip him all over - this dog was (except for the tail and the legs). It was one of the more bizarre dog things I've seen in a while!

oh - and you were all right - it was a SHOCKER! As I saw it approaching I was trying to figure out just what kind of dog it could possibly be. It wasn't until I saw him up close and saw the tail and the legs and the clipping marks that I figured out what he was!! there may have been some medical or other reason why he had been clipped but it did look very strange.

He was still smiling though! Possibly he hadn't looked in a mirror for a little while! :thumbsup: