What Can I Do Until I Get Paid

I agree Greentea. At least if you dont have am emergency stash come to an arrangement with your vet that you can pay it off next pay day. Yeasty ears can lead to heamatomas which are a lot more costly to treat.

well i just wish my vet would do this he used to but people never ever paid it off.When Einstein had his second paralysis tick at the end the vet bill was $650 cause i didn't have that kind of money they let me pay it off.This is the vet that is 30 minute drive from us.The vet in town you have to pay straight away unless its a real emereny where the dog has been biten by a snake or near death and needs an surgery.

A lot of people would find it very hard to have a few thousand on hand all the time!!

Hey I know what you mean Cazbear, it is tricky but maybe I should have rephrased it to say " have access to a few thousand" rathere than "have" a few thousand! Like credit cards or maybe a access to a loan with someone you know or some other way. After $2000 in one week for us we know that it is imperitive, I mean what would have happened if we couldn't pay the vet and it turned out to be something worse than a food intollerance?

:D Hi Greentea,

Sorry if I sounded a bit sarcastic......just having one of those days I gues.... :p

I agree it sure does help to have access to money in case of huge vets bills....in my area my vet (which is a country vet) they dont let you pay off any bills, no matter what the circumstances are, which is pretty unfair, seeing as when I had horses a few years back, I spent over $2,500 on one horse, which ended up having cancer of the eye, then had a maltese dog with all sorts of probs, ended up costing me well over $1200 for all his problems (teeth mainly) and as well as the usual vaccinations, desexing for my cats and other dog.

Once when I was desperate and my cat had an abscess that had burst, and I didnt have any cash till the following week, I pleaded with them to see him, and had to leave my very precious sapphire ring with them until I paid the bill the following week. :rofl:

Whenever I call them, they always say "Payment is due on the day, otherwise we cant see you"....I find this very callous of them. Unfortunately the next vet is half hour away, and I dont drive except locally.

Golden owner, let us know how you get on with your boys ears. :rofl: