Fleas!

When you buy KP24 for headlice on children, the active ingredient is maldison, wouldnt that make it safe to use. I have used maldison in my house for fleas but i just sprayed the carpet before i went to work so that it had dried long before i got home. As soon as i got home I vacuumed. I also used a natural one but found that it didnt help till after i used the maldison, to keep them away.

Revolution will work on your dog and your cat - different packets though.

On cats it will also control fleas at all stages, prevents heartworm, treats ear mites, hookworm round worm.

On dogs it will control fleas at all stages, prevent heartworm, treat ear mites, treats sarcoptic mange.

I love , my highly allergic doggie didn't react and all feas were gone *poof* in a day.

Brilliant stuff (an no, I am not employed by the company). Even better priceless pets has it at great prices.

Erny, you're a Godsend!  I really hate the idea of spraying that much chemical around my house.  If there's a natural option I'd prefer to try it.

Kylie

Thanks :thumbsup: I've not tried it myself .... would you please let me know, Kylie, how effective it is once you've had a chance to test it out? I use Revolution on my girl (also controls mites and provides heartworm protection), but I've thought about this natural recipe for general household maintenance/cleaning (ie carpets, dog beds etc.). Just haven't got around to preparing the formula.

Edited by Erny

Adding garlic into the dogs food every day will help. any form of garlic will do, clove,crushed, powder,minced but not garlic salt as they don't need the salt and oduorless garlic doesn't work because it is processed. dogs will not smell the same way we do from garlic so you can give them a decent dose and it wont hurt them. do try some of the other suggestions for natural remedies as they all seem reasonable. One other thing we use is wheelie bin cleaner (Phenol) mixed 5 parts water to 1 part wheelie bin cleaner and spray that around the yard etc every 5/6 weeks. It is also a repellant for snakes too after loosing my show dog (Saint Bernard) we always make sure the perimeter of the yard is done in the warmer months. Remember herbal and natural remedies only work because of repitition so don't expect it to happen overnite.

Good luck Chris

hi

i can say garlic works. my belated corgi :thumbsup: RIP was alergic to fleas, after trying every thing (this was befor fruntline and others) we started adding garlic to his food, in about 2 weeks all fleas where gorn. we then re spraies and washed every thing and as long as we keped up the garlic we didn't have a problem.