Bucket'o'beef

periau

Hi

Mum just brought in the junk mail and amongst it was a brochure for bucketobeef home delivered fresh pet food.

Just wanting to know has anyone tried them and do they think they are a good buy/value for money?

www.bucketobeef.com.au

Thanks

We use them from time to time in Brisbane. The chicken necks come in a 2kg pack which is fine for use but can be too many for some people.

The chicken necks are of good quality without all that fatty skin.

I don't like the buckets of meat, pasta & vege that they sell - it all looks the same and my dogs are not impressed with it either.

Apparently the product is shipped to Canberra from Qld where it is made and stored in the distributers purpose built coolroom here. The system of storage etc seems good, but as others have said, I wouldnt be leaving it out even in an esky during the day except in our winter here. I ordered a few things to check it out. I can buy the raw stuff cheaper elsewhere, although I tried a couple of things and quality seems pretty good. Even though I feed raw I checked out a few of their cooked products for curiosities sake. Nothing overly special IMO.

Edited by espinay2

I order multiples of the 1kg bags of raw mince to use with Vets All Natural complete mix. The bags are flat which makes them very easy to store and serve. Colette who runs the Canberra franchise is very nice and my dogs and I are very happy with it. I work from home, so can accept delivery which is good.

cheers

Katie

I got a flyer in the mail a few months ago, I found them too expensive. It's a trade off for convenience I guess, but I do extensive mall wide shopping when buying notebooks, so I'm very tight with money :kissbetter:

I think Cardowans in Queanbeayan still does home delivery, so if you are looking for someone who delivers, why not give Jim a call and see what he can do? (he is in the yellow pages) I have bought stuff from him for years (I just added it up - Over 10 years I have been buying meat from him! :crazy: ) and have always been happy with what he has.

Edited by espinay2

hi

i can recomend cardowans in QBN, i have seen how he treets the meat, and he is realy good, he minces his own meat, it arrives in chilled vans, and keped in a cool room, every thing is disinfected every day, the prices are good and he has a high turn over so what your getting will always be good. i know a lot of the grey hound people buy most of their food and medical items their, if he dosn't have what you want he will get it for you.

I decided to order from Bucket O Beef they are excellent very friendly and rang just before delivery to check I would be home I found the price to be better then buying the same amount of chicken necks in the stores I bought 16 kg chicken necks and it cost me the same as what I pay at the stores for 12 kg

I will definitely order from them again