Humane Debarking

Can I suggest a miniture schnauzer.... I have two one barks as a warnign bark and the other well she does not bark at all.. and it she does it is a rare occasion and it will be because she is feeling seriously threatened by another dog!!! They are fantastic with kids, I have neices and nephews ranging from 6 mths to 14 years and the dogs have never ever bitten or growled. One little girl is a total indoors dog and has to be encouraged to leave the comfort of her bed to sit outside.. and what is best of all they dont shed much hair at all... they only require a bit of grooming or you can go the option of keeping their coat short

I suggest if you need assistance with dog training to get your dog used to apartment living speak with someone like Aus dog, they have assisted me successfully with training of a couple of my dogs from puppy to adult behaviour problems....

I just got a Japanese Chin, she is very quiet but playful and gentle aswell. She has barked a couple of times (at a bucket and the cat) but it is a soft deep bark for such a little dog.

Oops I noticed that you have very young children. They may be alittle small for you then.

hi my sister has an itlain grey hound its a mini one she found him and the owners didnt come to collect him she contacted them a few times so in the end she fell in love with him and decieded to keep him.

He never barks loves kids i brought home my 18 mounth old god child and benny and her were rolling around on the floor together personal i think he looks like a black RAT but michelle loves him we never heard about the breed until she got him, he is like a cat though loves to sleep in the bed and he also uses the cat litre tray lol. i dont know if anyone else has one or knows anything about them but benny is truely a great dog, and this is coming from a collie lover!!!!

malteses are yappers, my other sister has one and he yaps when ever he hears someone coming or another dog, he is good with kids even though he hasnt been around them, if you get a pup and they are brought up with kids you would have no problem with the snappy part.

nicky

malteses are yappers

I have 4 Maltese (x's) in care and only one of them is a bit noisy. The others rarely make a sound.

Definitely don't get a Sheltie! :( I have one... sure she's insane but boy is she noisy!!

Check out the Rescues (yeah ok..my lot too :rofl: www.cordysrescue.com ) and read their profiles etc to see if they may suit initially. Phone around and then go and meet some dogs..... you just never know who may steal your heart :rofl:

Hi! I just checked out your site. Any chance one of the dogs you took from the backyard puppy breeders would adjust to small children? I have the Cav King Charles Spaniel or one of the Westies in mind on this one.

Let me know. I can handle the truth.

By the way, I tried to PM you but your inbox is overflowing, couldn't get through. You're a popular girl!