Royal Canin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What size/breed are your dogs?

The range has different types for different sized and aged dogs. Within these types are more differences - for example the Medium Energy can be too rich for some dogs and upset the digestion, while the medium adult may not keep enough weight on some dogs (great if they are a bit overweight).

Dogs with sensitive skin or digestion do much better on the "sensible" varieties, available for each size range.

If you know someone else who wants to buy it you are probably better off combining orders so that you can get it at "breeders rates" rather than retail prices. Not sure if you have to be a registered breeder to qualify for this...

What size/breed are your dogs?

The range has different types for different sized and aged dogs. Within these types are more differences - for example the Medium Energy can be too rich for some dogs and upset the digestion, while the medium adult may not keep enough weight on some dogs (great if they are a bit overweight).

Dogs with sensitive skin or digestion do much better on the "sensible" varieties, available for each size range.

If you know someone else who wants to buy it you are probably better off combining orders so that you can get it at "breeders rates" rather than retail prices. Not sure if you have to be a registered breeder to qualify for this...

They fit the 'Maxi' range, but then they don't fit the lifespan range...

I have mostly greyhounds 22kg - 33kg I would say...

Mel xx

Mel given your number of dogs and that you do rescue perhaps you could be recognised on their breeder programme. Anyway here is their site which has suppliers and contact numbers http://www.royalcanin.com.au/

I emailed the Perth Rep a little bit earlier...a few years back they offered to put me on the Breeders Club, but then I decided not to do it as I didn't know as much about them back then, but have been hearing great things mostly since joining this forum...

I hope they will consider the Breeders Club again :thumbsup:

Mel xx

I have found that greyhounds do very well on the Maxi Energy, wouldn't even consider the Maxi Adult for them. The Maxi Sensible is better for those with skin or ear problems - greyhounds don't usually have digestion problems!

And just think, this food makes picking up afterwards sooo much better with large dogs :thumbsup: saves time and disposal probs!!

I'd be thinking the 4300 (Energy) might be the way to go...and get one of the frequent buyers cards (i can send you one if need be)...and work your way onto the breeder program and get the breeder prices :thumbsup:

ETA - so perhaps not the energy thing then..lol...but there is mature or the sensible ones...and if you buy the bigger bags it does work out cheaper over all..

Edited by KitKat

Iams tends to do better 'deals' then RC...but RC is going more for 'loyalty' to their product and go with the idea that constant sales aren't going to get them that. But their frequent buyers card is much like the others...buy 9 get the 10th one free or some such, but they occasionally do interesting things like blankets, leashes, bowls, etc with their bigger bags.

have tried all types of dry food, and found the best one for Axel was Pro Plan..

i get the breeders packs for a 22kg bag i pay $90, and he gets about 4 cups of it soaked.. it lasts me over a month, but i only have him to feed :thumbsup:

Different dogs do better on different food...makes it an expensive effort on the super premium foods :thumbsup: But i do like the RC in that the kibble size/shapes are different for diff size dogs and for some breeds...i like that my dogs actually have to crunch the kibble rather then just hoover it..lol.

Different dogs do better on different food...makes it an expensive effort on the super premium foods :thumbsup: But i do like the RC in that the kibble size/shapes are different for diff size dogs and for some breeds...i like that my dogs actually have to crunch the kibble rather then just hoover it..lol.

The labrador kibble must be golf ball sized then eh?? You did say "crunch" didn't you?? (as in akin to "chew") :)

Yup...the lab kibble is..oh..umm..i'll nab a sample from my stash and bring it with me tomorrow....so you'll have to come to the pet expo to get it from me :)

ETA - I'll bring a sample for an itty bitty Kirri dog as well :thumbsup:

Edited by KitKat