How Much Do You Spend?

knobbles

i have a rough collie she is 19-20kg and a kattle/kelpie around 15kg?? not sure on her but i give them:

purina one for the small bag 11-12$ a week

vip mince balls $4.00 a bag which i could get 2 days out of if lucky

sardines in oil (for bellas coat and skin)

any mixed veggies or pasta/rice left from dinner i always cook extra for them

they get a bone a week

chicken wings once a week

pigs ears bella fav

Bella doesnt like the supercoat dry food even if i soak it for her so its not hard i have tried to mix it with another brand she will eat it but it takes her all day i dont like to give too much dry food to her either she gets a cup in the morning

nichola

Guest cloverfdch

This is just a guess, i will take note next week on what i spend. Also some is bagged up and frozen so all food listed is not actualy used.

4 KGs of lamb bones/ off cuts - approx $6

2 KGs of chicken necks - $2

2 KGs of beef pet mince - $5.50

3 KGs of chicken pet mince - $1.50

Fish - Sardines/ tuna - about $1 a can

Eggs - $2

Yogurt - $3

Marrow bones are 50 cents each.

Extra's maybe $5 a week.

That is for a 30 kilo Rotti x and a 18 kilo BC, plus Mums little dogs will have a few chicken necks and lamb off cuts.

Well, Diesel's a skinny little weed (he's 18kgs, but pretty lean, and on the upper end of the scale for BCs) at the moment but he eats a lot... at the moment (per week) he's costing me:

Supercoat Energy - 4kgs last about three weeks, at $9/bag - that's $3 a week.

1.5kgs of chicken wings - lasts two weeks at $3/bag - that's $1.50 a week.

8 lamb flaps - last two weeks at $2/bag - that's a $1 a week.

4 lamb shanks - last two weeks at about $5/bag - so that's $2.50 a week.

1kg of mince - about a week - so that's probably $6 a week all up.

1 tin of sardines/tuna - one a week - they're about .80c for homebrand.

Plus he gets a tub of natural yoghurt a week - that's about 0.60c.

Dog treats/devon/chicken loaf - would be about $4 a week.

Any extras he gets (veggies from dinner, a bit of roast beef/chicken - just meat - don't really count because these get bought as human food). So all up that means he's costing me $19.40 a week to feed all up - about $1 per kg of his body weight. He gets fed a lot more than many dogs his size but he certainly burns it off so it's not a problem. With him, it's keeping the weight ON that is the problem - and the Supercoat seems to be helping with that (as well as the fat off the lamb flaps and the mince).

Edited by Melisski

4 active greyhound bitches - all are between 26 and 29 kg's...

Bag of EaglePack Power - $80, lasts approximately 2 weeks = $40 per week

Beef mince - $1.60/$2.30 per kg, one kg per day = $11.20/$16.10 per week

Dog biscuits - $35, lasts a bit over a month = $8 per week

Known total is $60-$65 per week for 4 highly active dogs =

$15-$16 per week each

The two different beef mince prices are because it depends on where I buy it - the place just around the corner is more expensive, but it works out cheaper than if I had to do a special trip out of town to get it from the other place :rofl:

Plus anything else I add to the meals such as minor supplements that might be needed as shown on the latest blood test or other signs I look for etc., so all up it might be $20 per week per dog ;)

4kg bag of HSD UD $52.00 - special diet for kidney/bladder stones... I guess it lasts about 4 weeks as the vet relented and allowed us to add a bit of carrot and zucchini stewed up in chicken stock and water to the HSD... I still have trouble getting him to eat it sometimes... I also give him a dentabone a day because his breath is terrible since he has been on this instead of his home cooked stuff...

Jodie

Where do you buy your EPP from Kez? I bought a bag from PS Cranny and it sure was not that price!! It is an 18 kg bag (I think or 15 not sure what it comes in )

To the initial question lots of $$ but considering we have doggies from 3 mths to 11 years they aren't that costly really just looks scary at tax time. ;)

Cheers Kate

We feed barf paddies from pet deli, for 2 big dogs it's $50 a week for their evening meals and we also have some Eagle Pack which they get about half a cup with in their evening meals, you can safely give up to 20% kibble if Eagle Pack Holistic without upsetting the barf balance.

The the mornings they get a small meal, it varies anything from a bone, to chicken necks to kibble etc.

So probably overall, it's costs $60 a week to feed 2 Danes (110 kgs) which I think is pretty good, I could do it cheaper if I made the barf myself but I'd rather buy it to get the ratios correct.

Edited by sas

I have five dogs here to feed (not including puppies)....thats the times my food bill goes up - increasing bitches intake or fussy dietary needs and then food etc for puppies.

But as a rule -

Bag of Bonnie Complete $32 (last 2 weeks)

Eggs - cost NIL - have own chickens

Table scraps - cost NIL (they'd be thrown in the bin anyway)

Bones $4 a week (1 dog has no teeth so cant eat bones)

Box of Bonios for treats $16 - they last a month - sometimes more, sometimes less

Dog rolls for old dog and pet mince bought as well.

I'd say it costs me about $25 a week to feed all 5 dogs.

Hi there, I have two labs, both around 30Kg and almost 3yo so quite active.

Each two weeks they go through:

Purina One 7kg - $25

Home Brand tuna - $5

Fresh mince - $7

Chicken breast bones - $4

Marrow bones - $3

Tuna and bacon treat biscuits (home made) - $3

Approx $50 a fortnight to feed both = approx $12.50/dog/week

I have a Goldie x Kelpie who is quite active, and weighs 26kg. I feed human-grade meat so I might cost more than others:

2kg lamb off-cuts: $3

1kg turkey necks: $3-$3.50

1kg chicken frames: $1-$2.50

1kg chicken wings: $2

Pig hocks: $2

Organ meat [lamb heart, beef tripe, etc]: $3

Yogurt: ~$3

1 can of fish: $0.50

3 Chihuahuas here: 5kgs in total LOL............TOTAL:Not much

:laugh:

I think if I had small dogs I could afford to buy them free range chicken fillets ;)

It's interesting to see how much everyone spends... I'm still so confused as to what I'm going to have to do with Leela's diet. (Testing with chicken starts next week)

I may not be able to feed her raw meats anymore, and may have to scrap barf. I have to test and see.

At the moment I'm buying kangaroo mince for her special diet, but if I buy 10kg's from pet barn I think it's $3 a kilo. Cheaper in bulk (so the freezer is just full of mince!)

I now feed our two Sassy Treats Main Course meals. I pay about $6 for a large container and it lasts about 3 days, I also give them some Eagle Pack biscuits for brekafast. Sassy Teats is an all organic all raw diet, with veges, meats and some with rice or millet. Our two love the Moroccan Chicken, it has kelp, millet, raw chicken, peas, egg shell powder and some other stuff. It is delivered to our door free and I am very pleased with it. Everyone has noticed that my special little runt Bea has grown and her coat is shiny now and also Henry no longer has the bad breath he had. this is the webpage www.sassytreats.com.au

We also get lamb brisket from sassy Treats and a few other snacks for them.

I used to make my own barf stuff but was always worried I had left something out or got the percentages wrong. I still feed them fruit and yakult every day. About once a fortnight I feed them sardines and salmon sashimi. I think it has made a big difference in their coats- they used to have dandruff.

post-22-1127627378.jpg

Where do you buy your EPP from Kez? I bought a bag from PS Cranny and it sure was not that price!!

Are you paying more or less than $80? (I actually pay $79.90, btw)

I used to get the Breeder bags of EPP, but where I live makes it difficult to get...

So I get the 15 kg bag at the equivalent "cents per kilogram" rate.

Depending on the number of dogs you have, you might be able to give Anthony a call at EaglePack & see if you can get the Breeder Bags direct (rather than through PS) - You would have to be purchasing a mimimum amount or be in an area where they'd already be delivering though.

I'm dreading the thought that I mightn't be able to keep the same deal when I move :eek:

Guest LittlePixie

For just over a month here....

Chicken frames $6

Tins of sardines $3

Turkey necks $9

Lamb brisket $5

Vegie mix $25

Yoghurt $3

Eggs.... free!! From housemate's chooks :eek:

Other random bits and pieces... $10 or so

So around $60 a month to feed a Rottweiler x Retriever and a little Aussie Terrier x.