Does Your Dog Stink?

When Beau was a pup we fed supercoat and he stank, once he was old enough I changed him on to Coprice and he no longer smells. Now we have Sascha and she also stinks. Has anyone had any problems with supercoat? We can't afford iams, etc. and she is not old enough to go on the Cprice with Beau.

No problems here. Diesel currently smells like a hospital because he got desexed yesterday but even when he gets wet - no really distinct doggy smell. He only gets smelly on purpose (like when he rolls in something disgusting) or if it's been really raining and his coat hasn't been able to dry out. He's been on Supercoat since the day I bought him home.

Maybe try Optimum or something similar?? What else are you feeding? I always found that you can tell straight away with dogs that are fed tinned dog food - they usually stink. :thumbsup: Or if she's got bad breath etc. try feeding some natural yoghourt into their diets - it seems to help a lot too.

harvey has supercoat Chicken and Rice. Howver he only gets this when i forget to de-frost some BARF (perhaps once a week or less).. BUT a couple of weeks ago i had no barf for 1 week so - and honestly i could tell the difference, not so much in body odour, but his poos and breath were a bit stinky... back on his normal regime and he is all good.

No smells here but toilet training went out the window. All have dirtied their kennels on Supercoat. Very unusual behaviour.

Not sure if it applies, but I find SuperCoat makes for very bulky poos. So perhaps they extra amount is catching them off-guard?

SuperCoat is the dry food I feed along with my BARF diet, I've not noticed a smell on the dog but the poos do smell far worse when only fed SuperCoat then when fed it as part of BARF. But I find that with all dry foods.

I use EaglePack now, but used to use Supercoat...

no problems with smell or runny poop (although there was certainly more of it compared to what I find now with Eagle Pack)...

The worst I found for soft MOUNTAINOUS poop (and dirty kennels) was Coprice Working dog. ;)

her poops are fine although are rather bulky, the smells comes from her skin/fur and she is fine for about 24 hours after bathing but then starts to stink again, she also farts a lot. None of my critters get tinned food. I might compare the vitals of the supercoat puppy to Coprice working dog and consider changing her onto that plus some BARF. She is 4 1/2 months now, I won't put her entirely on to Coprice now but do you think it would be OK as part of a BARF diet.

BTW I have never seen eaglepack or any of those around here, most of the shops just sell the whiskas, pal type brands which I don't like. I had to hunt just to find the Coprice. My cats are on supercoat cat and they look and smell great so maybe the cereal, etc. suggestion is the issue.

Edited by kelpiecuddles

I would NOT recommend Optimum as an alternative to anything!!! After seeing a little doggy sick on it... why? Because one of the main ingredients is soy. Another vet nurse confirmed too, that it was a soy based dog food and that her dog got a rash from it when he mum fed it instead of Eukanuba when they ran out.

Can anyone give me an idea of how these two foods compare

Nutrient----------------------------Coprice-------------------Supercoat puppy

Crude Protein minimum----------22.00%------------------------- 28%

Crude Fat minimum---------------12.00%------------------------12%

Crude Fibre maximum------------4.50%--------------------------3%

Metabolizable Energy minimum--380kcal-----------------------342 kcal

Linoleic Acid minimum-------------1.50%-------------------------1.3%

Coprice is a lot lower in protien - would that be an issue for a pup?

Edited by kelpiecuddles