K9 Force Victorian Workshop

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are worried about your dog, there is plenty of crates and pens where the dogs will be safe, if they cause problems.

I was going to buy a crate especially for this day.

Will there def be one for me? As I will maybe/probably need it.

Would be interested in saving money on a crate I would prob use only a few times.

Ie, not having to buy one.

I'm in the should be alright, but may start "talking" to steve if bored category.

So hopefully he would be alright. By pens u mean little fence type things? He will knock them over for sure if that is what u mean.

I dunno. I would love to not have to buy one, but dont want to inconvenience or push anyone else out who needs to use them.

So up to u lablover. Thanx.

I'm coming and I'm in 2 minds about bringing Emmylou, my kelpiexACD.

On the pro side, I think I learn better when I can watch and copy, rather than watch and listen. It's also been a while since I've had Em around dogs she doesn't know and I'd like to do that in a 'controlled' situation (or at least a reasonably forgiving one) so that I can see how she reacts and work out the best way to manage her.

On the con side, if it's really warm Em's probably better off staying home as she tends to overheat and it's a long day and a long trip for us. Also if Em behaves like a peanut with all the other dogs around I'll be too busy trying to settle her to pay attention...

I can't find her proper lead and collar, though. My OH has been walking her mostly and he insists on using the crappy cotton lead (easier on his hands) and the cheap correction collar that I thought I'd thrown out. I'd much rather work with the good quality collar and lead I know I have ... somewhere ...

OK, have definitely decided that there are enough dogs going, so I'll leave mine at home. That means I can watch, listen and learn without having to worry about whether my dog is alright, not too stressed, not too hot, not too cold - whatever. I think I'll be in a more relaxed state to learn. :thumbsup:

Anyone coming from the Ballarat area who would be interested in sharing the trip? I have 2 seperate dog cages in the car so doggy would be welcome too. Possibly not much room for a crate though. PM if interested.

Jyra will probably be fine without a crate or pen, but if it is a warm day, I might like her to be in one when we go out for lunch, if there are any free! Rather than having her in a hot car waiting for me. So, can I reserve one for lunchtime?

She can share with Pepper, ha ha ha, evil laugh!! No, not share with Pepper!

Edited by Purple Julie

• 2 weeks later...